Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - you cried wolf

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Tuolouse

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

The sun was warm on his face, warm on his skin, turning the already-gold hairs of his coat absolutely metallic. Toulouse’s eyes drifted closed, basking in the warmth of the Dusk Court, making himself perfectly at home here in the heart of their land. The wind danced along his coat, a duet between itself and the sun, and he sighed.

Its the soft murmur of a stranger that makes him open them again.

A dun mare with red feathers in her hair. Her markings seem oddly familiar, feral and exotic, and he thinks he should recognize her. He knows Terrastella has its own legends and stories, and it seems she has stepped forth from one of them. Those stories whisper themselves now in the back of his mind, telling him he should be afraid - but her voice is warm, albeit odd. And fear is not a common emotion for the horned man.

”It seems you already know it,” he hums, as he turns his head to look at her. ”’Lone wolf’. Although others call me Toulouse.” And others still have a different name for me. He’s lost track of how many names he has, but he wears them as easily as his own scarves.

Her eyes feel bright on his skin, like twin suns lighting him up in a spotlight. ”If there’s something more interesting than the sky, I’ll be sure to look at that instead,” he tells her, and for a moment his voice echoes her flat tone, even as he fixes his green gaze upon her.

She was certainly more interesting than the sky, but he wasn’t about to tell her so.

”I used to live here,” he tells her, turning his eyes to look out across the fields. It’s not a lie for once; this was the first land of Novus that he had seen, washing up on the beach that a sea-soaked castaway. He had thought about staying here, if only for a little bit - before the wind had swept him up and carried him away like a leaf. ”In a way, I think that means I belong here.”

As far as Toulouse was concerned, he belonged to any land he set his hoof upon, for he was as changeable as the seasons.

And wherever there were secrets to be found, there he too, would be found.

He tilts his head back to the mare, his heavy mane dancing upon the wind that swirls around them. "Who do I have the pleasure of speaking to?"

@sigrun i love herrr
taking part in the halcyon scavenger hunt c: 

Messages In This Thread
you cried wolf - by Tuolouse - 07-13-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: you cried wolf - by Sigrun - 07-14-2019, 11:39 PM
RE: you cried wolf - by Tuolouse - 08-01-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: you cried wolf - by NPC Account - 08-02-2019, 07:11 AM