Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Of Gods and Gold

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sea [PM] Posts: 39 — Threads: 12
Signos: 560
Inactive Character

P S Y C H O P A T H Y

Still young, there is hope for Emersyn yet.  It is a hope founded by the young, determined woman herself - her hope is for control, power, and success.  All three things desirable by most, but complicated pathways to walk, and not always achieved.  Not only must one be strong, but one must be cunning too.  If strength and brains are not enough, one must possess a certain degree of charisma as well.  Something the Mistress seethes with.  Emersyn's mouth goes dry, and with words like flint stones, just the wrong locution could spark a blaze.

The atmosphere changes from crisp and cool to muddy and hot.  It doesn't help that the moment the sun begins to rise, so does the temperature. Despite feeling like she has been sucking on cotton in the midday sun, Emersyn tightens up her guts and keeps a calm look about herself.  This is it.  You cannot walk away from this empty handed soldier.  Primary blue eyes meet primary red, Emersyn makes a mental note at how cutting Vendetta's expression is.  The Mistress reminds the soldier of her favorite weapon that she left back home, a rapier.  

There is so little time to drink in every detail of the Scorpion that stands before her, what she asks then, prompts Emersyn to speak at once.  "Fortunately for Vig, no.  I learned very little, just that I would see you before sundown today." Emersyn spares one more glance towards the horizon, the sun is coming up.  She wants to say something along the lines of, Vig played into my hand too well, but she spares herself from being too asinine. She might know a lot more, but Vendetta has not asked her to elaborate.

Emersyn is a lot of things; a fighter, a soldier, a warmonger - but she is also a gardener, strangely.  Perhaps that is where the careful hoof comes in hand with her day-to-day operations.  She assumes that Vendetta must already know who let their tattered old threads get pulled (Vig, what an old fool).  Scorpions can and will protect their own, if Emersyn has learned anything from Vig she chooses to keep his secrets quiet.  Besides, if she has to go back to get rid of that loose end, she's more than willing to do so.

"Aside from the Solterran, there is no trace of my path, I've cleaned up along the way.  Rest assured" Emersyn speaks the truth, she may have more to say as well, but she avoids over-pouring her method.  "I have had to go through many resources, and travel far and wide to get just the slightest tip.  I travelled to Solterra with nothing but a name - do you know how many brothels there are between here and the Night Markets in Denocte?"  Emersyn grins at Vendetta like she might already know the answer to that.

The answer is many. And that is with massive bodies of water taking up most of that distance.

Emersyn did her sleuthing in all the typical places a crooked old man like Vig might be, with nothing but a name, it proved to be a tedious, extensive task.  She endured more rough company than she cared for and drank her way to the bottoms of many a sour-sook ale just to get answers.  Most of the tips left her nowhere.  She wanted to leave for Delumine halfway through her concourse to Solterra from Denocte, but managed to press on.  Why she wants to know so bad is a mystery.  We do not choose the things that haunt us. 

"I am searching for opportunity, I was told it would be here.  With the Scorpions." Emersyn's voice remains steady, her dark heart pumps the same cool blood through her veins as it would as if she were sleeping, Vendetta is so very-very important to Emersyn and she doesn't even know it. 

Or perhaps she does.  

"I have dedicated a lot of time into finding you, surely you understand how hard that can be for almost anyone."  To say otherwise would mean that the Scorpions were not as protected and exclusive as they intended to be.  "I wish to be of service, the resources I can get you out of Delumine are untapped." I have already been dabbling, she thinks afterward, not certain Vendetta would want a competitor.  Emersyn keeps her distance, eyes skillfully trained on all of them without appearing aggressive.  She is ready for the fight - if it should come - and the precariousness of conversation too, if it should settle more calmly than she anticipates.  

@Vendetta  I don't know what this is

Messages In This Thread
Of Gods and Gold - by Emersyn - 09-04-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: Of Gods and Gold - by Vendetta - 09-05-2019, 06:14 PM
RE: Of Gods and Gold - by Emersyn - 09-10-2019, 09:45 PM
RE: Of Gods and Gold - by Vendetta - 09-26-2019, 08:13 AM