Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - and build me stately castles by candlelight [auditions]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline RB [PM] Posts: 277 — Threads: 28
Signos: 180
Inactive Character

by sword
by salt

The light in the topmost window of the citadel blazes on, dies out, rages to life again. It is a signal, unmistakable.

And more importantly than that, the flicker is unmissable against the dimming, broody violet of the darkening sky. All of the city feels its rapid change. Day-night-day. Warm lantern light pours down the towers and into the streets like so much liquid gold; now, even in the oncoming night, Terrastella looks like treasure.

For once Marisol’s heart is full. She stands, calm and still, in the center of the city’s biggest square and watches with eyes bright and moonstone. Her dark feathers and skin are unpainted, and for once she’s left her spear behind. Tonight is not a night for war. (Though is it ever?) Tonight the world is calm and warm, and Marisol is ready—excited—to bring her people back together as day turns to night and summer to fall.

The Sovereign clears her throat and raises her head, and her voice is clear in the still air. Like singing. Like promising. “My people,” she calls, “It is time, under Her eye, that we find a new Regime. Those of you brave, those of you wise, those of you who love your country, come forward in Her name.”

HOW TO AUDITION:
Post an IC reply and include an OOC section that includes the answers to these questions.

1. Which position (Regent, Emissary, Warden) is your character interested in and why?
2. What do you think is Dusk's biggest strength and biggest weakness (IC)? What plots do you think might come from that?
3. Which part of Terrastella's lore would you be the most interested in expanding or basing events on?
4. What does your character believe should be the primary focus of the new regime and why? How would that be implemented?
5. What's your available activity level?

“Speaking.”
credits

[Image: ddg6quy-9d15dab5-339c-4b09-8b57-20a99fda...jvUop12efQ]

Messages In This Thread
and build me stately castles by candlelight [auditions] - by Marisol - 10-05-2019, 06:58 PM