Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - someday i'll land in the nuthouse

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

It's a good thing that Sloane didn’t have magic that rendered her the ability to read minds. If she had any inkling that Ipomoea thought of her as his new project, she might have damn well set him straight. She might be trying to be a new and improved Sloane, but that did not mean she wanted someone to swoop in and make changes to a template she had been perfecting since her birth. She was doing minor editing lately, but there was no way in hell she was ready for a complete overhaul.

They talk of Delumine and how the court is so many paces behind the rest of Novus. While she has made the observation time and time again, no one has stopped to listen to her. People just pass her off as the annoying lowlife (which she probably was) but no one stopped to think that just maybe she had some talents of observation. No one stopped to believe that she was capable of ideas that might -gasp- help people. Most of the time Sloane just kept her thoughts to herself. It was easier that way.

She follows quietly down the path through the gardens, following the sovereign down a relatively secluded corridor. Either she was going to get the shit beat out of her, or perhaps this was her opportunity to do the same if she wanted. Ipomoea didn’t have his guards and there was no one here to come to his aid quickly. But that took effort and it might get bloody. There was no way in hell she was going to get blood in her white feathering. Sure, it might go with the streaks in her hair, but blood was something that did not simply wash out. And so, the decision was made to simply walk beside him.

But it was his words that brought her from her thoughts. Did she want any other intentions? What the fuck was that supposed to mean? Was he trying to offer her some sort of job? Sloane was not very good at time management, accountability, or dependability, something that most bosses looked for.

But he continued, noting that she seemed to get around (which was true…because being on lockdown was downright boring a hell) and knew about things. He was offering her a job. She took a moment to crane her head around to look at him. If she had eyebrows, they would have surely risen in questioning. Why was he offering her a job? "What’s the job and what’s in it for me?" While she had made it very clear that she was not here to serve a monarchy, if the compensation was right, perhaps she could be persuaded to go a thing or to for him. The key here was compensation. It had to be worth her while. Was it something that would be worth her while?

@Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 10-14-2019, 09:55 AM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 10-27-2019, 02:03 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 11-26-2019, 01:48 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 12-12-2019, 03:30 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 01-10-2020, 06:19 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 02-11-2020, 02:45 AM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 03-25-2020, 07:45 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 04-15-2020, 11:51 PM