Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - We Are the Wanderers Who Don't Stop at Night

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Teal [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 5
Signos: 460
Inactive Character

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
Everything you want's a dream away

And as I stood atop the towering creation of rough hands I imagined great scenes below me. Cheering from the crowds with the sweet smell of fruits rigging the air, bargaining to sell for the great match. In the arena the crowds would continue to chant and celebrate as two gladiators fought toe to toe to the death. The scene came alive as I closed my ears and imagined it, my hoof toppling the edge as I dared to image the scene from above like how a Pegasus might view it.

I dared and I dreamed. Lost in a cascade of wonder.

Then the sound of hooves broke me free, and I turned on my heels to spot another. Dark with horns, emerald eyes and wings. Besides her (and my eyes widened as large as the moon) a dragon, dark also with purple highlights and matching eyes.

Any other mysterious couple would have struck me with fear, but she stood and I grew curious.

“Far from the forest, yes,” Not only did I think of my residence in the Dawn Court, but the magical days I’d spent alongside my father. Next to him, I was truly home. “But, despite my love of the trees and forest, I am glad to be here,”

Yet their stances shifted and I felt the tension zooming through my muscles as I took on a more sturdy pose, compared to my rather relax stand earlier. I cleared my throat and began attempt to take the conversation somewhere other than the rattling of anxiety I could feel brewing in the settlement of my stomach. “Have you both seen the view? It’s rather magical, especially from atop such a great monument of history,” A weak smile tugged at my lips, feeling rather defenceless if the pair had any ill intentions. I stood on timber pillars with a heart of courage, and I remained in my ground, steeling my face to appear un-intimidated by the surely intimidating duo. 

ooc: <3
tags: @Lucinda

Under this pressure, under this weight
We are diamonds taking shape

Messages In This Thread
RE: We Are the Wanderers Who Don't Stop at Night - by Lucinda - 11-09-2019, 02:37 PM
RE: We Are the Wanderers Who Don't Stop at Night - by Atlaas - 11-10-2019, 12:12 PM
RE: We Are the Wanderers Who Don't Stop at Night - by Lucinda - 11-15-2019, 10:52 PM
RE: We Are the Wanderers Who Don't Stop at Night - by Lucinda - 11-24-2019, 07:03 PM