Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the wolf whispers back; i am the storm

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Darkrise [PM] Posts: 46 — Threads: 14
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

i am so much more than royal

There were only a few things better than the sound of waves kissing a sandy shore, the gulls crying out from the cloud-dotted sky. Castalla stood atop a towering cliff, head raised to the sky as the wind danced playfully through her hair. She looked so calm, so at peace as the summer sun cast orange rays across her pale coat. So at odds to the scars that littered her form and the dagger clasped to her left foreleg. A still-healing bite mark marred the cream expanse of her neck, the only evidence of her nightly activities- that and a barely perceptible stiffness in her right hind leg. Without swift healing and immortality, wounds hit a little different in Novus. But of course to the centuries-old assassin, it was nothing new.

The Wolf released a long sigh, eyes still closed as she allowed her other senses to roam. The air was filled with salt and seaweed, her lips parted as she drew the scents over her tongue. Waves crashed upon waves, the orchestra of Salia as the distant noise permeated the quiet. With each dull roar Castalla felt her worries thrown to the ocean, like pebbles in a lake. No matter where you went, in whatever world or realm, the ocean always sounded the same. Castalla could almost forget that it was upon Denocte’s cliffs that she stood, a pale beacon against the blue expanse above her. Instead she could imagine the mountainous spires of Nightfall Keep towering behind her, could almost taste scents of jasmine and shadow blossom rife upon the sea-bitten air. And for a moment it tasted like home. If only for a moment.

n | r

@Drune <3

Messages In This Thread
the wolf whispers back; i am the storm - by Castalla - 05-22-2020, 11:49 AM
RE: the wolf whispers back; i am the storm - by Drune - 05-23-2020, 12:28 PM