Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - behind the glow [fall]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 118 — Threads: 19
Signos: 20
Inactive Character

A S P A R A

I didn’t realize how starved for touch I was until Maeve leaned into me just a little harder. It took me back to before Avesta left- we were always tangled up in each other like roots, so close sometimes it was hard to distinguish where I ended and she began. We often slept hip to hip, love happily strangled where all our soft edges pressed against each other.

The last time anyone touched me was Charlie, as we cut through the court like shooting stars, shoulders occasionally bumping in testament to how very nearly out of control we were. We clattered over cobblestone streets that spoke to me of what it was like to watch the time pass.

It’s fine,” I said with a brave smile, trying not to think of how my loneliness felt even heavier in contrast to the company Maeve provided. It’s temporary, whispered some cruel voice in the back of my head. You’ll only have her for so long, and then she’ll be gone. I tried to ignore that constant sense of impending doom by throwing myself into the conversation, into my body, into the night. “Magic is a wonderful thing, though!” I felt that my magic had so critically shaped my identity, without it I would be someone else entirely. Magic had saved our wolves, transformed our home to magic, opened doors to me and my sister that normally (for better or worse) would have been locked. “It’s only as good or bad as the person wielding it.” I didn’t really like spitting out wisdom like that… it didn’t feel like me, and I surely was not under the impression that I was wise. But something in Maeve brought out a big-sister kind of attitude in me.

Hey, wanna get out of here before she comes back?” I was not usually what others would consider a bad influence. But I was getting restless and my shoulder was growing hot where it was pressed against hers. I stepped away and began to splash back to the shoreline. “Come on, I want to show you the church tree where I was born!” I felt bad for not giving her any time to protest, but I was confident at the end of the night she would be happy that she chose to go on a little adventure instead of standing around all alone at the lake, waiting for her scary mother to return.

- - -
@Maeve bloop! this was such a fun thread <3

Messages In This Thread
behind the glow [fall] - by Aspara - 07-02-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Maeve - 07-08-2020, 04:50 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Aspara - 07-18-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Maeve - 07-19-2020, 11:39 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Aspara - 07-25-2020, 01:16 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Maeve - 07-25-2020, 08:29 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Aspara - 07-31-2020, 05:30 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Maeve - 08-05-2020, 08:22 PM
RE: behind the glow [fall] - by Aspara - 08-07-2020, 06:27 PM