Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - and the leaf is singing still

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

i'm a pretty flower girl
check out my pretty flower curls

Florentine smiles, small and sad, when the man comments upon her new dagger at the expense of her old one. She looks to her new dagger (she has never stopped, really) and lets her eyes run across his gleaming black, charred surface. It is hard liek obsidian spewed out and cooled from the belly of a volcano. “I miss my first one,” The flower-woman whispers at last. “That one I got from the lair of a siren. She had many trinkets there, you could take one, if you managed to answer her riddle. If you got it wrong, she would chase you out of the broken abdomen of the sunken ship. She chased us-” (Us. Florentine thinks of Pan and wonders where he is, how he is still suspended in his youth. He had been her closest friend as a child. They acquired her dagger together. So much has changed since then..) “She chased us but I managed to escape and keep it.”

Ah, a mischievous, victorious smile creeps, devilish across Florentine’s lips. “I prefer my old one. This one is made for more terrible things. I can feel it.” Her first dagger thirsted only to cut worlds, it blanched when faced with blood and skin. It hurt as much as she. But this one, oh, this one, its thirst is insatiable. It distinguishes not between the skin between worlds or the skin of the living. Yet it whispered to her. It demanded to be made, like it demands to stay with her now too. It has business, Florentine knows not what. Yet she will keep it as the only way to travel between her family. She will bear its dark and sinister magic.

Are they your children?

“Yes,” She says heartbroken and yet resolved. “I lost them so long ago. We got separated - only a moment for me, but I am terrified how long it was for them. Magic moves differently in different worlds.” A sigh slips past her lips and the island laughs in her bones, it breathes acrid upon her hopes. “I have been trying to get back to them for so long.”

@Septimus

florentine
rocking your pretty flower world

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
and the leaf is singing still - by Septimus - 08-13-2020, 06:58 PM
RE: and the leaf is singing still - by Florentine - 08-22-2020, 04:46 AM
RE: and the leaf is singing still - by Septimus - 08-22-2020, 11:31 AM
RE: and the leaf is singing still - by Florentine - 10-27-2020, 08:26 AM
RE: and the leaf is singing still - by Septimus - 10-28-2020, 11:01 AM
RE: and the leaf is singing still - by Florentine - 11-05-2020, 12:23 PM