Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - once I had a love, and it was a gas-

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 12
Signos: 5
Dawn Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  14 [Year 497 Spring]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

soon turned out, had a heart of glass

“It’ll be fine, Jasmine, really! Just come on. I’ve heard there’s a castle, and shops full of jewels and riches without anyone watching them. You’ll find some beautiful jewelry, I’m sure of it. Just...don’t look down.” 

Mesnyi huffed. She had looked down, and what she saw beneath the bridge nearly made her vomit right there. Perhaps the only thing keeping her from doing so was the presence of a handsome - if not a bit eccentric - nobleman, who had absolutely insisted on taking her to the island. It had, of course, changed since their agreement, and Mesnyi was now hoping that the whole of it was much lovelier than the bridge. And whatever was below the bridge. She was not looking again.

The young stallion leaned into her - an altogether alarming gesture when one was on a bridge - and insisted that she look into his eyes (really?) and he would lead the way. He was, certainly, much nicer to look at, though she allowed herself a glance now and then at the gemstones glittering around them. Even if she knew that they were really vertebrae. They soon arrived at the city, which altogether was both awe- and fear-inducing, but Mesnyi had little say in it now; she wasn’t about to head back across the bridge and, since she had made this terrifying journey, she might as well go looking for that jewelry. 

Her suitor - a tall, ash-gray boy called Gregory - led her through the winding streets. She took the time to memorize landmarks (though she did not expect them to change), as she was certain he had not. A signpost here, a statue there - if any strange beasts reared out of the mica-lit corners, she would know how to get away. With or without him.

“Jasmine, look here!” She’d fallen behind a few steps while she scrutinized a sculpture of a...something. She wasn’t really sure what it was. Mesnyi trotted up to the boy, who stood looking into the window of a shop lit only by a white flame that sat atop a pedestal in its center, encased by wires. In she followed Gregory - who was entirely focused on the light (though perhaps it was a star?) which, Mesnyi found, reflected off of a multitude of crystalline shapes. Many were simply loose amongst the shelves, though some were pressed into the walls or even a canvas depicting - again, she wasn’t quite sure, a landscape, perhaps? The temptation to shovel everything into Gregory’s satchel was not nearly so strong as the feeling that a foul beast might arise from the star to defend its hoard, or that it would all turn to dust on reaching the other side of the bridge. "Gregory…” She started, gaze traveling the room before settling on a flower made entirely of glass. “Be a dear and get that for me.” He reached eagerly for the sculpture - too eagerly, considering its make - and fumbled, his satchel’s leather strap catching against the display’s decorative hook and tugging. The flower, despite his mind’s best efforts, fell to the ground and exploded into a fine dust. It did not shatter. It simply - became powder. The floor beneath them rumbled, and within moments, a section of the wall slid away into an entrance. Within, a hallway lit by more white flames extended beyond mortal sight. 

“Jasmine, I’m so sorry-” 

“Be quiet,” she snapped. “We’re going in there.”

“I don’t think- I mean-”

“Is this more frightening than the bridge?”

Gregory swallowed. “Well it’s just that - this powder got on me and it’s kind of...itchy…” He rubbed at his leg with his nose, and immediately threw his head back and sneezed violently. “I’m not sure-” he sneezed again - “it kind of hurts now -” and again - “maybe we shouldn’t-” 

She was inclined to agree with him, of course, as she certainly did not wish to go near the pile of sneeze-dust, but his nose was beginning to turn slick and pink as the flower’s petals, and - she looked down - so were his legs. Mesnyi backed away, and as she did so, his body kept turning, and soon enough he could not even speak to ask her what was wrong; a few seconds more and he was entirely pink glass. 

Mesnyi screamed. 

"Speaking."

@Septimus | appreciate the lyrics please 

"You see, women are like fires, like flames. Some women are like candles, bright and friendly. Some are like single sparks, or embers, like fireflies for chasing on summer nights. Some are like campfires, all light and heat for a night and willing to be left after. Some women are like hearthfires, not much to look at but underneath they are all warm red coal that burns a long, long while."

[Image: 26y3cfu.png]
tracker
plotter
please tag the proper character for replies

Messages In This Thread
once I had a love, and it was a gas- - by Mesnyi - 10-04-2020, 08:09 PM