Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - (fire) fortunes and futures

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Solstice

S O L S T I C E
and at last i see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted
The soothsayer flashes a glare at the stallion who enters, his silver eyes white hot with impatience even as the girl addresses him.  Still, he is in it for a coin, so two coins would be better.  Deciding to tolerate the interrupter, he watches as the girl flips over each card, humming quietly as he considers the cards.  She asks the meaning, and he waits to hear what the man has to say, snorting in derision at the too-obvious attempt to persuade the lady’s company.  Before she can answer, he clears his throat, beckoning the girl closer and ignoring Eremurus for now.

An interesting start… the Priestess stands for wisdom, scared knowledge, the subconscious mind.  She represents your past.  A shiver creeps up Solstice’s spine as she remembers the temple, the priestesses, the smell of incense clinging to her mane.  But as she remembers, the shed-star continues.  

The Wheel of Fortune… cyclical change.  The wheel keeps turning, events progressing to free us from the past.  A purr of satisfaction almost rolls from her lips, for this is just what the mare sought with her life in Delumine.  Freedom from the chains which had held her.  Hope for a new tomorrow… but then, he speaks again.  

The Nine of Swords… a challenge for the future, but the choice is yours to make.  It suggests you should confront your fear of being alone, and to acknowledge the limits you have put on yourself because of that fear.  In the name of being safe, you have adhered to standards of your lower self, bargaining away your joy to avoid the struggle.  Your life is at a turning point, and it is time to shed the burdens which way you down if you have any hope for renewed optimism.

His palm stretches out, begging from her a coin and he nods when she gives it.  For the moment, she simply stares at him silently, unsure of how to respond to the reading as his words ebb like a warning in her mind.  Blinking away the nakedness she feels, Solstice offers the seer a timid smile, turning and almost startling to see the soldier behind her – for though she knew he was there, the girl was so lost in the fortune, she’d almost forgotten about his presence.

What had his suggestion been?  Maybe it's a sign you should let me take you to the festival of fire tonight?  While most girls might have seen right through his intentions, Solstice’s naivety is evident in the trusting smile she offers as she edges closer to him.  The warmth of him so close is enough to stave away the eerie feeling which had washed over her only moments before, when the strange fortune teller seemed to see within her soul – to corners and secrets long buried in her psyche.  She felt too exposed, and so Eremurus is a welcome distraction as she leaves the tent by his side, murmuring a greeting with an almost apologetic tone.

“I’m sorry”, she apologizes again, “I didn’t even ask your name….  Solstice.”  she offers hers, face turning toward him with an expectant gaze, waiting to see what came next in this strange and most intriguing of festivals.

― @Eremurus

Messages In This Thread
(fire) fortunes and futures - by Solstice - 10-13-2020, 04:38 AM
RE: (fire) fortunes and futures - by Eremurus - 10-14-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: (fire) fortunes and futures - by Solstice - 10-17-2020, 03:15 PM
RE: (fire) fortunes and futures - by Eremurus - 11-01-2020, 06:04 PM
RE: (fire) fortunes and futures - by Solstice - 11-04-2020, 06:57 AM