Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - from the morning rays [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Nikkayla [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

New as he was, walking like an awkward fledgling of some kind, Entia had made his way towards the Court of the Dawn as to present himself to those who helmed the kingdom. He wanted to give himself to a cause once more, even if it was one guided by those who were pious - perhaps some a little too much for his taste - but he did not control nor did he want to stop others from their own faith. He had none of his own, believing all strength and sorrow in the world came from inside, that all manner life presented to them was just the way it unfolded.

Once he had believed. He’d followed them, without question. Pyrrus the Fire, Rai the Electric, above all. It was them, the Elementals, who weakened his faith and it was in his weakened state that the final chains binding his love for those who were watching them that they were shattered and it was gone. He’d gone and ripped their magic out of him, not wanting to have any part of it touching him. He’d find the strength again for himself in time, and would not ask those who called themselves ‘gods’ for aide. They were not gods.

None of them were.

So when he presented himself to the Dawn Court and found the figure presenting some well-rehearsed blurb to them, Entia paused for a moment. Red and white eyes narrowed, there was deep scrutiny in that gaze he cast upon the radiant figure.

And it was in that same thought that Entia slid forward. A maddening, wicked grin crossing his face as he did so, eyes looking from one to another.

“I will. You, and all those here, would just have to deal with the little fact that I don’t believe you’re a god. It’s better if not all leaders follow on, right? Though, I’m just making the offer. Either way, I’ll be here for those who need me - got a path to create for myself now,” he says, a strange mouthful.

About sums up Entia.

He grins.

“I’d still use your name as an excuse to have fun though. Well, when I say an excuse… there’s never an excuse for fun. So, let’s just enjoy ourselves…” And he trails off.

Still with that stupid grin that touches his eyes.

About the RPer

Thanks for auditioning! Let's start with your name.

@Nikkayla

Great! How old are you?

Have you ever held a Position of Power before?

Not here but yes, on other sites. Held a kingdom in Caeleste for a long period of time, and in Liridon a few years ago too with Entia, who was King of Ilir. I enjoy all the aspects of it, and the only part I do struggle with is the activity at times - but that’s just part of it and something of a challenge to go on with.

Have you read the Sovereign Rules?

Yes :)

What aspect of Novus are you most excited about?

This is something weird but for Entia, who is a non-believer, being a Sovereign of a Court while have no belief would be something of quite the kicker. He doesn’t disrespect anyone who does believe and never would as he is not them. Having him like this would be interesting as that is what I really do like about Novus - not having to conform to specific “ideals” as it were and being flexible. That, and being a part of the community here is simply wonderful!

Sovereign Questions

Why would your character be a good candidate to lead Delumine?

Over the years of his life, Entia has shifted from being purely warrior and antagonistic to one who values wisdom above fighting. While he himself is a fighter and uses strength over words, he cherishes words and knowledge and those who have it. He pushes for creativity and curiosity, and isn’t eager to jump head first into fighting when it starts up unless he feels it is needed. Despite his status as one who has no belief in gods, he understands that values are a part that need to be held regardless and it is Entia’s trust in knowledge and words, in learning and wisdom, that would allow him to be a good leader again - he listens and learns, and prefers to have collective minds making decisions rather than just his own.

What would be their goals as Sovereign? What would they do with their new power?

Truly would be to bring life and respect, to make Delumine as good as it could be. He’d love to hold a coronation but also use that event to find out aspirations of others, and bid a farewell and a greeting to the future. He’d want to show he was ready to help Delumine become strong and take its place amid the other kingdoms. He’d also be intent on holding special events key to the kingdom - celebration for the Dawn, for Oriens (for Entia the name that comes with it), he’d be content to have those who wish to hold religious events to organise them. He’d be happy to welcome others, including those who might be Vagabonds - anyone who wants a home.

Even perhaps special small events, such as hunts, tracking and artistry, trivia and fun that celebrates Delumine and Dawn.

You've got us convinced. Is there anything else you'd like to add?

Nothing else but that I’d just like to have some fun, and Entia is all about the fun and seeking respect as well. He may not be a believer and have no time for those who call themselves ‘God’ but he does respect what he can see and feel, touch and be a part of.

Messages In This Thread
RE: from the morning rays [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Atlas - 01-01-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: from the morning rays [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Entia - 01-02-2021, 05:18 PM