Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the spice of life

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

Whores were just a fact of life. When you are so poor that you can’t afford to eat, you’d be surprised at what people stoop to doing. It’s the only way people feel as though they can pull themselves out of the hole they found themselves in. Some sold their bodies, but others stooped to her level, selling her their secrets. It was amazing what even the most respectable people could dish out when they were offered coin.

Willoughby didn’t seem to believe her offer when she offered secrets. It was cute, really. Was she really naïve enough to think that only shady people had good secrets to dish out? "Princess, you’d be surprised at the things individuals at the top of the totem pole say in order to better their position in life. I don’t count you out of the mix. I don’t have to like you, but I can still respect good business." She had been told things that most would never think to come from a king’s mouth, a pious denoctian, or even a monk. The gossip she had heard in life told her that even though someone looks completely put together on the outside and might play the part better than a Hollywood actress, that did not mean that they didn’t have things that Sloane might be interested in.

But despite Sloane’s attempt to have a real discussion with the mare, Willoughby seemed to have enough. Sloane was pretty used to seeing people run for the hills after even a few moments of her time. Honestly, she thought Willoughby might would have lasted a hair longer. She was wrong, pity.

But what caught her attention was the way she thought she knew what Sloane’s ultimate goal was. Did she stick around just to annoy the mare, maybe. But really, the reason had nothing to do with Willoughby at all. Sloane did not like to back down. She did not like to seem like she was bothered. In fact, Sloane simply wanted the last word. She wasn’t expecting anger or discontent, she simply wanted to be the one to outlast the conversation. It was simple, really. "Who are you to think you know the reason I stuck around talking to you?" She had no clue, but she sure as hell thought she did. She thought she knew Sloane. She thought she knew that Sloane didn’t care about the conversation they were having. Was it true? Perhaps slightly. Sloane didn’t much care about anyone at all, but she did care if they had something to offer Sloane. "Truthfully, I’m not interested in much of anything. I did, however, share with you what I was interested in…which is more than a lot of people get." Ungrateful bitch. She had no idea what she was missing out on. However, as Sloane stated before. She didn’t care much about Willoughby, so she didn’t really care that the other was trying to tell her off in a nice way. If she had the balls enough to say what she wanted to her face, maybe Sloane might respect her a hair more.

Sloane watched as the other mare took her exit, a chuckle reverberated in the back of her throat. "Have fun being a nobody." In fact, Sloane wasn’t even sure she’d remember the mare’s name, let alone this conversation. It wasn’t very fruitful. Shame. And so, with the knowledge that she finally had the last word, Sloane turned and headed back to the island she called home. A glass of whisky and some cake was calling her name.

@Willoughby

Messages In This Thread
the spice of life - by Willoughby - 01-02-2021, 05:51 PM
RE: the spice of life - by Sloane - 01-03-2021, 07:12 PM
RE: the spice of life - by Willoughby - 01-03-2021, 07:19 PM
RE: the spice of life - by Willoughby - 01-06-2021, 11:32 AM
RE: the spice of life - by Willoughby - 01-08-2021, 01:22 PM
RE: the spice of life - by Willoughby - 01-12-2021, 09:38 PM
RE: the spice of life - by Sloane - 01-06-2021, 02:24 AM
RE: the spice of life - by Sloane - 01-07-2021, 09:16 PM
RE: the spice of life - by Sloane - 01-12-2021, 09:03 PM
RE: the spice of life - by Sloane - 01-13-2021, 06:36 AM