Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - under the sea

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

She’s charmed by the other. Even if she doesn’t know the mare before her, she knows that she is a creature of the sea, She recognizes the colors that make up her appearance. She remembers seeing similar colors on her mother, even on her brother. She can practically smell the salt coming from years beneath the sea. But she says nothing. It’s not her place to judge, even if she was only trying to be d

At her words, Katniss shakes her head softly, trying to make the mare feel better about being here. She had not been disturbing anything, not really. “It’s quite alright. I come to the lake to think.” She looks up as Finnick perched on a branch in a nearby tree. He’s cautious of the newcomer, but he says nothing. “Finnick, my eagle, told me you were near. He doesn’t recognize you.” Finnick was always looking out for her, making sure that she and Kibou were safe. He also looked out for Denocte.

But despite her bird’s hesitation, Katniss knows that this mare is a friendly face. She smells of Denocte, as if she’s been here lurking. Perhaps all she needs is a friendly face, someone to welcome her.

And so she did just that, welcoming her to Denocte and introducing herself in the process. She seemed to appreciate the gesture by the way her smile grew. If only she knew that appearances did not face Katniss, not really. Everyone here in Novus was so different and unique. No one looked the same and they all had their unique gifts.

Her smile softens when she gives her name: Naida. The wind seemed to come between them, welcoming the friendship that would hopefully come between them. Katniss looked at the mare, her eyes captivating her attention until she spoke. “We are a good court, known for our entertainment and hospitality.” It was odd, coming from the warrior, that she would be the one to welcome this mare into Denocte. And yet, it seemed fitting all the same. “I do not hold those talents, unfortunately.” Katniss could not sing or dance. Perhaps she could if she tried, but it as definitely not what she was known for. “…I protect the court, that is my gift.” It was hard for anyone to deny that, given her body was riddled with scars. They spoke of battles won and lost, of her constant fight. They told her story, even if it was sometimes not a children’s fairytale.

@Naida

Messages In This Thread
under the sea - by Naida - 01-06-2021, 02:24 PM
RE: under the sea - by Katniss - 01-07-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: under the sea - by Naida - 01-12-2021, 09:46 PM
RE: under the sea - by Katniss - 01-13-2021, 07:30 AM
RE: under the sea - by Naida - 02-06-2021, 10:59 PM
RE: under the sea - by Katniss - 03-13-2021, 01:31 PM