Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - and i'll do it a thousand times again

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

She seems him coming towards her and she cannot help but offer him a friendly smile, a silent ‘thank you’ for seeing him on this fine morning. She is about to part her lips and share her reason for coming when he addresses her first, using her most formal title. It makes her cringe inwardly. “Please, it’s just Katniss.” The title has always sounded strange on her tongue. Katniss did not like to set herself apart from others, even if her rank demanded it. Even when she was once a queen, she hated being addressed as such. Titles were formal and caused rifts between subjects and ruler. They were not something she, personally, liked. But Ira didn’t know that about her. In fact, he didn’t know much about her at all.

But instead of indulging just why she only wanted to be called by her first name, she steps closer to him so she might fall into step with him. She was ready and willing to follow him anywhere, a sign of a true subject. And as he suggests that she join him, Katniss cannot shake the feeling of relief. It’s far less formal to walk with someone than it is to stand in their presence demanding attention. Perhaps she will come to like this new Sovereign.

As they fall into step next to one another, Katniss walks in silence until they are out in the open, the sun’s morning rays beating down her back. “I understand that feeling. I always start my morning with patrols -it helps clear my mind and prepare it for the day to come.” It allowed her to reflect about herself and her choices for the day. It allowed her to mentally prepare herself for all the morning would bring her. It was soothing and relaxing, something she looked forward to each morning.

But she did not come here to self-reflect.

As they began to walk, Katniss turns to look at him. “I want to discuss the possibility of hosting a preparedness class. I want to send my soldiers into trials but I want to invite the medics and lay people to join as well. I find it important that we as a nation are ready for battle. Peace has hovered in Novus for so long, it makes me uneasy. I want the medics to feel comfortable helping in battle and I want he people of Denocte to feel like they can protect their families at a minimum should harm come to us.” While Katniss hoped that she would never have to see another battlefield, she wanted to be prepared. She wanted her people to feel prepared. There was nothing like a war coming to your soil and your subjects unable to defend themselves.

@Ira - whoops. Forgot about this thread D:

Messages In This Thread
RE: and i'll do it a thousand times again - by Katniss - 04-07-2021, 09:03 AM