Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - in the shadow of a low-lying sky [party]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Warbird

There are tents set up in the fibonacci spiral of her Court far below her. She is a black shadow overtop the party-goers, a distant thought, a cloud over the sun in a sunless sky. Warbird is no stranger to celebration. She is, after all, a creature of assured victory. But parties make people dense-- they dull the senses, distract the mind, overwhelm with lights and sounds and smells. If Solterra’s enemies were not all undergoing just the same thing, now would be an excellent time to strike.

In all the courts, there was observance of joy and change. A monumentous and simultaneous upheaval, from all edges of the globe. She’d been to Terrastella and witnessed, briefly, the transition of power there; so to it was in Denocte, and Delumine. There was mourning and confusion, rejoicing and worship; the whole world was buzzing.

A droplet of something wet seeps onto her ear and she flicks it away with a grunt of irritation. Stykkislange has lifted the front third of her body up in the air; her viper-like face is flattened in anticipation. Slaver is running down her exposed fangs.

Her snake is drooling.

“You disgust me,” Warbird noted, with half a mind to suddenly barrel roll and send the serpent writhing down to her death.

why are we not at the party? Styikki whined, squeezing tighter around Bird as though she could read the Valkyr’s thoughts. i can ssssssmell the food from up here!

“You do not eat those types of foods,” Warbird assured her, wings billowing slightly as they caught a thermal. Her body rocked steady, gentle, from side to side.

you want to meet the prinsssssseeeee, Stykki wheedled, undulating in an S-shape against the bright, blue sky. you want to bow to the king. sseellll your sssoooooul. She was teasing her master, mocking. After a beat, a tongue lash, she added: again.

“I will meet with Adonai in due time, when I have a better grasp of the situation, and not before,” Warbird said, resolute. “I know my place in this life and what I have to offer it. This is not a weakness.”

ssssso you ssssay, Stykki mumbled, not sounding convinced. She contracted herself again, perched on Warbird’s back like an ugly, scaled hawk. Quietly, she hissed: i want to try the ssssnacksssss.

Warbird rolled her eyes, feeling like a beleaguered mother to this surly, seven-foot demon. “You will eat the offered food-- and only the offered food-- or I will break your teeth. Again.

promissssssse. i’ll be good girl.

The noise of disgust from Bird’s throat was swallowed by the rush of air in her ears as she couched her wings and lifted up and over into a fierce drop, hair lashing out behind her like banners raised to war. Her stomach left her, lost in the swell and the feel of the fall, and it was only at the very last second did she spread wide her powerful wings and feel the catch of air in them. Sun gleamed from her angel-white coverts, feathers plucked from the wings of her Valkyr mothers, as she came down to land, back feet then front. She tucked her wings up close to her body, shielding Stykki from the light of the day, as she pushed her large body into the crowd.

As they neared the feast table, Stykki relinquished her hold on her master, and slid all seven feet of her to the ground. Her scales made a dragging noise on the cobblestones as she zipped, serpentine, in and out of the feet of party goers, frightening and scattering those who noticed; she lifted herself up at the table’s edge, all the world like a princess for whom the spread was made, and flattened her head in a horrendous grin.

i sssshalll try thissss one firsssst, she decreed; jaw unhinged, she went to swallow a whole platter of sun cakes, until Warbird knocked her gracelessly aside with her wing.

“I shall not have you ruining the party for others, you filthy heathen,” the Valkyr scolded, delicately selecting one cake for herself, and one for her snake. “We can come back for more once we finish these,” she added, as Stykki draped, languid, over her back once more.

"Speech." stykki speech | @ anyone | come punch the snake

Messages In This Thread
in the shadow of a low-lying sky [party] - by Warbird - 01-25-2021, 08:13 PM
RE: in the shadow of a low-lying sky [party] - by Warbird - 02-06-2021, 02:42 PM