Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Fly High and Touch the Sun

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
It took all of her self control not to fall into laughter at his snort. Still she couldn't not be determined for the future, her voice becoming more certain. She tilted her head when he spoke of her learning wisdom to temper the desire of battle, smiling at what she perceived to be a compliment, "Luck can only get you so far. Relying on it and counting for it is flirting with disaster, and I wouldn't advise to that anyway." Bel agreed, before her smile grew, her eyes brightening, "It's hard not to learn from the world around me. Here, it's another way of life - and to be honest I'm relieved that it's not so cut throat. So no need to worry that one minor scratch is going to send me away for eternity." She muzzled nudging him playfully.

She tilted her head when he admitted to not being a good teach, but the offer of a sparring partner was curious food for thought, "I'm definitely no where being to the point where I could use one, but I will definitely keep it in mind, no doubt!" She agreed, before their light conversation took a turn when he was struck by the aurora. Bel was immediately alarmed, more so when she spoke about glowing at he seemed surprised, before noting the glow to his wings, his hooves. How where snow previously was, there was no soil and evaporated water - the area around his hooves dry. Bel in her own caution stayed a step back, frowning, "Interesting? It's a touch alarming, Sol! You're not hurt right? You're sure you're otherwise okay?"

And yet she hesitated about approaching him, moving carefully forward as she fought through the heat to reach his side. Her vapors were already dropping considerably in temperature, until low, heavy ice cold droplets of water hung around her to counteract the height. His words had her scoff at him, "Oh hush, I'm fine. You've a high temperature, but you're not that hot. Besides, my water vapors are at a decent temperature to help keep me hydrated." She assured, dismissing his concern.

He spoke about the heat, that it was like the sun heating him from within, and his cells being filled with it. She frowned, worried about what kind of harm that might be doing, before noting that he took another step back, even as his hooves started to grow brighter, fire growing stronger, a controlled burn out that left his own source of new power lesser after bleeding some off. She nodded when he spoke of thinking he could control it, about to state that it was obvious he'd master it soon enough - she had faith. But then he spoke again. I just need time. She blinked, turning towards her friend, frowning more as he continued, motioning for her to step away.

She snorted roughly, eyes narrowing. "Don't be an idiot. I'm not going to hide away from you just because you think you're hotter than the sun now. I got news for you buddy, you're my friend, and I'm not abandoning anyone ever again. Don't ask me to do that Sol, it won't work. Not again. Never again." She snapped, her voice strong but sure, even though there was a touch of pain at being asked to leave him behind. Yuki however was more hesitant, eyeing the male who spoke to her to keep her bonded safe.

But Bel wasn't easy to direct, which is what led her to storming straight up to stallion, her tail swinging at low angle, and aiming to slap the flat of her fluke against his side with a huff of annoyance, "So I'm not going anywhere. Deal with it. You wouldn't hurt me even if you tried. You want time to figure it out, fine. But. I. am. not. abandoning you in the process. Besides, I don't know the way off this mountain anyway. So the least you can do is lead the way off. I'll even let you try to convince me why your starfish-brained plan of me avoiding you is a good idea while we had down. Idiot stallion." She wasn't going anywhere. SHe could give him space if he needed it, but she couldn't . . . wouldn't abandon him. Not leaving too many options but for him to say goodbye and fly off, she started down the trail off the mountain, moving slow enough to encourage him to catch up with her.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes::
Artist Credit to Bingo

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-04-2021, 03:13 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-05-2021, 07:43 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-06-2021, 08:33 PM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 11:55 AM
RE: Fly High and Touch the Sun - by Sol Bestiam - 02-16-2021, 01:42 PM