Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Touch The Stars - Jane

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

jane

Multiple things ran through Jane’s mind at the stallion’s advances. First, there was the initial excitement of someone giving her attention. Positive attention, too, made her feel lithe and soft inside. But there was a bit of something akin to revulsion at the pit of her stomach, and she did not know its name. Fear? Was she doing something wrong? At the back of her mind she thought of her mother’s vicious, cold eyes. Indifferent eyes, as though Jane had used up all her patience. There was nothing left for her daughter.

Jane shoved it down. Go away, she willed those thoughts. “I would be lying if I said I had never been called beautiful before, I have. But rarely by those whose beauty parallels mine.” She tilted her head, grinning. 

I would suppose that neither of us have an issue with wherever this goes. Where was it going? She wanted to ask herself. Should she pull back, should she run? If her family found out, there would be hell to pay. Jane had been sent away because they didn’t want to deal with her, only for her to embarrass her family on distant shores. The disgrace would surely ruin her. 

But Jane was, above all things, a girl at the beginning of adulthood. In many ways it was like staring into a cave, and knowing that that cave contained the rooms of marriage, motherhood, and nothing inside them. It wasn’t like she was known for intelligence, either. Really, at the end of the day Jane was known for her rank and nothing more. She was nothing more than any other mare her age; fickle and petty and worthless. 

So let me be fickle and petty and worthless. I don’t want to cross this bridge, so why not burn it. Why not give him the torch. She focused back on Sol, stepping closer and running her nose over his shoulder; muscled, and not as black as she had first thought. Indeed, there lay grey beneath all that darkness, like light pressing through cracks.

“I must confess that I have no set up plans.” Her voice was light, gentle, and yet intense. Did the grass smell this intense for him too? Did he taste the burnt sugar on the breeze? Jane tried to let herself drink it in. “We certainly are fine specimens.” His voice was heady and hot against Jane’s body, and she felt at once afraid and encouraged.

“I live very far from here, you know. But feel free to meet me in Solterra, if you ever pass through. Parting is such sweet sorrow,” she quoted, leaning into his muzzle. 

At his next words, Jane hesitated for a moment. It always made her feel strange, to hear of others who loved their country, who would fight for this country, who would return from their country. She truly doubted that she would be any of them. And yet, the silent truth was that she would never be Angoran again. How could she return without an invitation she would surely never receive. She was dead to them. “I wish I could say it was the same for me, but Novus and I have an indifferent relationship. It doesn't give much of a damn for me, and I don't give much a damn for it either. It's just another country, in my mind. Although it does sport some wonderful characters, yourself included.” 

@[Sol Bestiam] / speaks / right?!?! 

Messages In This Thread
Touch The Stars - Jane - by Sol Bestiam - 02-18-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: Touch The Stars - Jane - by Jane - 02-18-2021, 04:19 PM
RE: Touch The Stars - Jane - by Sol Bestiam - 02-19-2021, 02:28 PM
RE: Touch The Stars - Jane - by Jane - 02-21-2021, 03:39 PM
RE: Touch The Stars - Jane - by Sol Bestiam - 02-23-2021, 11:58 AM
RE: Touch The Stars - Jane - by Jane - 02-23-2021, 03:47 PM
RE: Touch The Stars - Jane - by Sol Bestiam - 02-23-2021, 05:34 PM
RE: Touch The Stars - Jane - by Jane - 02-23-2021, 06:19 PM
RE: Touch The Stars - Jane - by Sol Bestiam - 02-23-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: Touch The Stars - Jane - by Jane - 02-24-2021, 03:25 AM