Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fire At My Feet

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

jane

It had been a long time since Jane had travelled in company. The last had been Hardison- it was with relief that Jane passed into the walls of the city with her new friend. 

Solterra in Autumn had barely changed at all from its shades of Summer. Coming from the desert, the light glared off every surface in a way that hurt Jane’s eyes. Centuries had given the city the impression of a skeleton; its bones older than breath, older than memory. Veil by her side, Jane tried to pretend that this city meant anything to her at all. Limited communication aside, Jane could only do her best to lend the other a silent company. 

Then, finally, Jane came across the house where she stayed. Rays of light, burning light, bounced off the eaves; the scent of dust slowly clearing for a coming Spring.

A momentary anxiety filled her chest at the knowledge that they had certainly not expected a visitor. It was not kind of her to bring Veil to them but Jane felt distinctly in her heart that this was the right thing. This was new. Never before had she had the sense of fate, like this was something predestined that she was meant to do. No one else. Just her.

A hint of selfishness had always existed in the young mare. Privileged, rich, Jane had thought only of herself in the absence of any other. Now, for the first time, it was this stranger, this newcomer, who Jane thought most about.

The door was opened by her aunt. A moment’s pause, looking between Jane and Veil. Something in the gaze said that it was over. 

“Who on earth raised you to believe this was acceptable,” the aunt said, and Jane bristled. “Who even is this?”

“I’m very sorry, ma’am, but if she could just stay in my room for a bit-”

“Jane, this is too much. I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to ask you to leave. You can visit us if you need anything, but- you need to go, anyway.”

And this is the story of how Jane ended up in a street on an autumn day; heart pumping as she looked into Veil’s eyes, a cosmic entity so unsuited to daylight. Jane sank her head- anticlimactic as it had been, Jane sighed for yet another life snatched. She knew it was her own fault, but she just hoped- “I’m sorry,” she whispered. 

@[Veil Nebula] / speaks /im sorry this is utter shite but i've been putting it off enough /sigh. 

Messages In This Thread
Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 03-12-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 03-13-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-05-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 04-06-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-09-2021, 11:01 AM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-12-2021, 12:09 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 07-13-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-14-2021, 01:47 AM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 07-14-2021, 10:02 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 07-14-2021, 10:44 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 07-21-2021, 01:36 PM