Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

IC Event  - Beyond the Horizon [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Cass [PM] Posts: 1 — Threads: 0
Signos: 2,930
OOC Account

Y
ou were there, when she first drew breath, sighing as she baptized the world with her presence. You are something else, something other, it is not physical but a piece of the soul, passed down through the generations, harboring whispers of the past and warnings of the future. You are not a body, you are a consciousness, a power not quite understood as you flow from one generation to the next your life never ending because you are the wind.

~

He arrives, a soft breeze at his back, licking down his hide, ruffling the foliage attached to his too bright skin as leaves flutter to the earth delicately behind him. He is beautiful in every sense of the word (or so they tell him) and the way he carries himself… it is as if he has come from another life, another world. There is no way he wasn’t created to sing and dance, to enjoy life in a way as bright and enthusiastic as the colors upon his skin. But there is an air of regality to his swagger, something ancient and wise brewing just beneath the surface. The man has grown old in heart and wise in age, he is well versed in the ways of the world and has no doubts when the voice of Dusk’s goddess rings through the calm sky. Aristal is a creature of the wild, something crafted from the world’s beyond, something molded by mother nature herself and born to carry the autumn wind beneath his skin, to harbor its force and will. But, he has also seen much, watching as kingdoms rose and fell, lovers turned to statues and hatred bloom between mother and son, all while riding by on a soft, autumnal breeze; never able to touch the things of their world.
He was there when she first breathed life into him and he was carried away upon the thing he’d grown upon alongside, had learned to love and cherish; the wind. It whistles and whispers to him in languages unknown to others, melodies of other worlds, other ages that it has encountered and even then, it bows before him. For Artistal is not a being of little, he was born a god, a prince of the skies. That very thing carries him above countries and oceans, constantly searching, but as he arrives in the world of Novus, it is no stranger that meets his arrival. He has seen the goddess Vespera on the horizon many times, just a glimpse of her beauty as she claims the heavens for herself each night. Aristal admires her, and when she calls, she is greeted with that soft smile and chilly breeze that seems to always accompany him.

This is not a world he knows well, but it is nothing he hasn’t seen before. Cool confidence radiates from him as he watches the goddess, awe hidden behind the smooth cockiness of his handsome features, eyes twinkling in the shadow of her figure. She is as graceful and ethereal as he expected, her entire being shifts the world around them, cloaking them all in a sort of hushed reverence one would expect in the presence of a being so mighty. He has seen it before, when he encountered Mother Nature moments before his birth, when she revealed who he was to the world. It is nothing more than curiosity brewing beneath the surface as he listens, ignoring the others around him before opening his mouth.

“I wish to step forward,” his words are honey coated but laced in sincerity. "If you deem me fit enough to lead your kindgom."
“I have ruled the skies for far too long now, perhaps it is time for me to settle down,” the stallion speaks, his voice confident but respectful as he addresses the goddess.
“It is time for me to keep my hooves on the ground and seeing that I have wrangled the wind all these years, I’d hope I could handle a kingdom blessed by Dusk herself,” he finishes, dipping his dial, eyes cast downward as he awaits his judgement.
Would he stay? Or would he simply glide away on the next autumn breeze?

~

About the RPer

Thanks for auditioning! Let's start with your name.
Cass

Great! How old are you?
I’m 21!

Have you ever held a Position of Power before?
Yes, I have, several times. Most recently I was on a site with my character Zhavvorsi and she was the ruler of her realm. I played her there for the better of 8 months before the site finally closed due to inactivity (it had been around awhile and the owner didn’t have time for it anymore). I really enjoyed it! The only thing I didn’t love were the strict requirements on activity because it would drain my muse and make my posts very lackluster (like I had to do it rather than me wanting to).
I loved the outlet for all kinds of character connections and such! It is a great way to build lore and plots within the kingdom!

Have you read the Sovereign Rules?
Yes

What aspect of Novus are you most excited about?
I am SO excited for the new rules! Especially with Cervidae characters coming in! However, I have been around a long time and seen Novus grow and change and I can honestly say I am ecstatic with the direction it’s going! I am so impressed with all the new changes and I plan on sticking around for years to come!

Sovereign Questions

Why would your character be a good candidate to lead the Court?
So Aristal in his own right, is a “minor” god of sorts, the prince of the Autumn wind. The Autumn wind is a conscious power passed down through the generations, and though its host has a longer lifespan, they’re not immortal and it has passed on. It carries with it to its new host, old memories and ideas that I think would be really cool to bring to the table! I have just been inspired lately with these Seasonal ideas and I think it would be cool to add that into the current court system! He would be great for Dusk, he’s wise but still fun and a little cocky (which would be fun to see him interact with the other leaders) but he’s very intelligent and basically a free spirit. In all, I think he’s the type of leader Terrastella hasn’t seen before and I think it would be really fun to see what he gets done!

What would be their goals as Sovereign? What would they do with their new power?
I think he would definitely hold festivals for the different seasons while still matching up with Vespera’s wishes. He holds great respect for the gods as he sees them each day, riding across the sky as he has for so long. To him, there needs to be changes in Dusk. There needs to be more fun and more freedom and I think he would be perfect for that. I can see him sitting in the hospital and sharing stories of healers from his “past” and helping them understand different methods. I just think because he’s from such a different world with different views, it would be fun to see what he has to offer Dusk rather than having one native to Novus.

You've got us convinced. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Honestly just excited to have this chance!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beyond the Horizon [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Atlas - 04-04-2021, 09:20 PM
RE: Beyond the Horizon [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Cass - 04-06-2021, 11:13 PM