Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I thought you were dead.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

BUCKY & LIAM,

There was no way that Liam knew what was on the colt's mind. Despite having been there for Kazi and his sister from the moment they were born, his departure from their lives must have really affected them in ways Liam hadn't expected. He'd promised them all that he would find a way back, would find a way to get them all to Agnosia, but he'd run out of time. It was clear with the way Kazi was standing here before him. Had everything else changed so violently? The colt behind him was acting strange, but the copper-burnished stallion just chalked it up to the fact that they hadn't seen each other in quite some time. It'd been nearly two years, hadn't it?

Not having realized that it'd been so long since they last saw each other, Liam frowned to himself. It was impossible. Had he truly missed that much in his previously self-imposed hermit lifestyle? Turning to face Kazi, he looked the young stallion over and gave him a once-over. Kazi had grown into a strong young stallion, one that was capable of taking care of himself, one that was more than capable of going off and starting his own family. It was weird, seeing him like this now. "I'm sorry, I'm staring. I just can't believe you're grown. I still see you as the young colt in the library. Do you remember that day?" Liam inquired, curious to know if Kazi did.

The blue of Kazi's eyes brightened, and Liam's ears turned backward carefully, slowly. If there was shock on his face, it disappeared just as quickly as it came. He didn't think asking the questions would have upset Kazi this much, and now he regretted asking them altogether. Awkwardly, the stallion shifted his weight on his legs and he backed up a few steps, wondering if it was too late to turn tail and run. But that would be highly unlike him; he stood up to challenges and rarely backed down. Kazi had been family; he would never willingly turn his back on his family.

The utter vitriol that Kazi spoke with surprised Liam beyond belief. Eyes widening, the stallion gazed at his faux-son, shell-shocked. "Why don't I?" Liam inquired, voice full of confusion that he was sure was showing on his face. The words thrown at him were icy, pure anger, and Liam hadn't realized that the young stallion was that angry about anything. Had something happened? Did they not receive his letters? The soldier's mind started whirling, trying to find the answer with what little he was given.

But the answer was right in front of him. The letters. Had no one gotten them? Had they all questioned his disappearance and just chalked it up to him abandoning them? A weird sort of constriction felt like it was wrapping itself around his chest, hurt and pain lashing through him as he stared at the young equine he'd helped raise as his own. "I hadn't realized your mother was in that dire of shape when I had to leave," the stallion replied softly, his gaze dropping to the ground for several moments as he tried to think back to his days spent with Octavia. Nothing had seemed out of the ordinary; had his departure caused it? 

But it was the mention of Kaja that had him jerking his head up. "Gone as in dead, or gone as in missing? Kazi, you have to know that I didn't abandon you, your sister, or your mother. I left l-letters," the great stallion stammered, frowning again and searching Kazi's face for recognition. "Everyone got letters. You, Kaja, your mother, Rowan, Bucky. I was beckoned back to Agnosia, and I had to go. You must know that I didn't want to leave anyone behind," he pleaded gently, trying to make the young stallion to see.

"Liam speaks."

Notes;; I feel like he'd start crying XD
Tag;; @Kazi 
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 645
mono

Messages In This Thread
I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-15-2021, 07:44 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 08-16-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-18-2021, 11:13 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 08-26-2021, 07:30 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-30-2021, 10:56 PM