Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I thought you were dead.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

BUCKY & LIAM,

The day spent in the library had been a good one. They'd chatted about different books, different things they liked to read, and he'd thoroughly enjoyed spending that time with the young stallion. Had he known how his leaving would have affected Kazi, he would have fought harder to stay. Uneasiness, regret, and guilt bubbled in the stallion's gut as he gazed at the colt he'd taken on as his own. Little did Liam know, the colt was sired by the very stallion that had tormented, destroyed, and haunted Vasanta, and who had even come to flaunt what he'd done over him and his family. This interaction -- and how Liam left everything and everyone -- hadn't been a very successful first foray into the world of fatherhood.

"I remember." It was all Liam had gotten as an answer to his question. Flicking an ear backward, the copper-coated stallion just looked at his adopted son, wondering if he was going to continue. When he didn't, Liam just stood there awkwardly, not really sure what to say to continue their conversation. "Did you-- enjoy that day?" He inquired curiously, wondering if this was the right thing to say, considering how Kazi had snapped at him when he'd inquired about Octavia and Kaja. Truthfully, he missed the two mares, especially after meeting with Kazi. He wondered just how gone Octavia's mind was, and what had happened to Kaja. Was he even allowed to know that?

The letters that he'd left everyone had very clearly done a pretty poor job at consoling Kazi's aching heart as a foal. Part of him wondered if Kazi had sought out Bucky, since the grumpy stallion was like a father to him as well. Opening his mouth, Liam went to ask about it, but he immediately clammed up, unsure of if he wanted to throw Bucky under the bus like that. Deciding against it, Liam looked away for a moment, glancing around them at the clearing. Part of him wanted to invite Kazi to do something, whether it be a fight or something else entirely, but he wasn't entirely sure of what to say or to offer. Would hurting the stallion physically help Kazi feel better?

While in Vasanta, shortly after becoming Emperor and finding Octavia in the dark, haunted forest, Liam had sworn to protect the two newborn foals and Octavia herself. It was clear that he hadn't done what he'd sworn and promised to do. It was one of his very few failures, and probably one of the ones he most regrets. Liam regrets everything that happened in Caeleste, but what he doesn't regret is bringing Kazi and Kaja and their mother into his life.

The answer from Kazi hadn't been one he was expecting, and he flicked both of his ears back. "And if she wasn't? Would you want her back in your life, or would you treat her like you're doing to me right now? Kazi, I know this can't be easy for you, but I-- I want to make it right, even though I know that's probably impossible," Liam urges carefully, his blue eyes imploring. Truthfully, if Kaja had been gone as long as the stallion thinks she had been, perhaps it was better for her to be dead. Who knew what had happened to the young mare, especially if she'd been gone this long. Growing up, Kaja had been a force, but one that Liam enjoyed witnessing. There had been an untamed wildness in the young filly that the stallion had been startled by but had learned to embrace.

Sighing gently as Kazi spoke again, Liam took a moment to look ashamed, and it was a true emotion. The stallion's veins scalded with regrets, shame, and embarrassment. Letters were good for the adults, but not for the children. He should have stayed behind a bit longer to tell them what was going on, and why he was leaving. "I know, Kazi. I know. I regret what happened, and I wish that I could have stayed behind to say goodbye to you and your sister. Something-- Something happened and I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. I was actually on my way to tell you and Kaja what was going on and I didn't even get a chance to get there," he tried to explain, pinning his ears against his skull. He'd left Kazi and Kaja's letters with Bucky, hoping he'd give them to the foals, and it was clear that he had.

"Liam speaks."

Notes;; I feel like he'd start crying XD
Tag;; @Kazi 
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 751
mono

Messages In This Thread
I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-15-2021, 07:44 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 08-16-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-18-2021, 11:13 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 08-26-2021, 07:30 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-30-2021, 10:56 PM