Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I thought you were dead.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kazi

<>:X:<> KAZI <>:X:<> 

"I read the rules..."

The snort that escaped the colt didn’t meet much resistance on the way out. At this point he was beyond trying to save face, if he ever really was before now. In Kazi’s opinion there was no repairing the familial relationship that had started to form between them. There wasn’t enough time put into it for there to be any deep roots to bind them and any that had started to form had burned to ash by now. Bringing up old memories wasn’t going to magically fix everything and it would be cruel to give any sort of positive answer. Which is why he didn’t just ignore the question.

“You know… I think I might have. Though it’s pretty easy to entertain a child, even one as antisocial as myself. No worries, you can be glad to hear that it once stood out as a bright memory. Of course it’s now just a memory like all the others, overwritten by more recent ones. You see, that happens when a child grows up. Memories dim, especially when the other party is no longer around.” It was probably the most poetic the boy had been. He blamed it on the books, though he knew from those same writings that most words were fueled by emotion. A bright glint appeared in Kazi’s eyes as he thought of something else he had learned.

”I once read that memories from a trauma or very emotional moment almost seem to burn themselves into the mind. I wonder just how traumatic the abandonment from a father figure would be.” A sneer lifted his lips from the tusks that jutted out between them. He wasn’t a fan of admitting to emotion but in this case it would be worth it just to see the effect they had.

Kazi didn’t flinch away from the stallion’s next question, though it hadn’t been entirely expected. His eyes narrowed at the implication that his twin had just abandoned him. Either Liam didn’t know what it was like to have a sibling, much less a twin, or he just overlooked the strength of the bond between them. Either way it was a ridiculous insinuation and the colt wasn’t fond of it.

”You don’t know shit if you think my sister would do anything similar to what you did. She would have known better than to up and leave with nothing more than a letter that may or may not make if to me. She would have found some way to let me know immediately. She would have fought for that and I wouldn’t even need to consider treating her in a way that is similar to now.” Kazi had to pause for a moment just to calm the burning in his chest. He could handle himself in most situations but anything said against his sister was bound to end in something less than pleasant.

”You’re goddamn right. There’s no possible way that you could fix anything. Honestly you should just give up now, the hole is just getting deeper the more you say.” He shrugged along with his words, getting to the point where he was ready to just walk away. He had said what needed to be said on his part and didn’t see much of a point in continuing this chat. Kazi figured he’d see how much further Liam would go before ending the conversation. Might as well let the stallion see just how much he had fucked up.

With a dark chuckle the boy rolled his eyes up to the trees above them. It was becoming predictable at this point and that was when things started to get boring. “Regret is all well and good but in the end the mistake still remains. If I had any respect left for you I’d probably believe in a second chance but it’s a little difficult to find any sort of respect for you anymore. That vanished along with you when you left.” 

"... before I break them."

<>:X:<>

@Liam | I have to admit… this was fun to write.

Messages In This Thread
I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-15-2021, 07:44 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 08-16-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-18-2021, 11:13 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 08-26-2021, 07:30 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-30-2021, 10:56 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 09-01-2021, 11:08 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 09-17-2021, 11:43 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 11-03-2021, 09:42 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 11-09-2021, 11:55 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 02-11-2022, 01:07 AM