Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I thought you were dead.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

BUCKY & LIAM,

Liam heard the snort. How could he not? They were standing relatively close, something that didn't escape the copper-burnished stallion's notice. Since the day he'd left Caeleste, all he'd thought about was Bucky and the twins, hoping that they all were okay. Clearly, they did turn out to be okay, but at what cost? The relationship between pseudo-father and son was no longer present, no longer there, and while it broke Liam's heart, he knew that it was just another aspect and part of life. Still, the familiarity and fondness lingered there, and the stallion knew it always would. He'd been there from the day the colt had been born, had watched him grow from a spindly thing to a colt that could hold his own. But that was before everything fell apart.

Knowing that Kazi thought he might have enjoyed that day in the library brought some kind of bittersweet relief to the stallion the more the colt explained it. Flicking his ears backward again, Liam narrowed his eyes slightly before clearing his throat and shifting his weight on his hooves. "While I haven't been around children very much, Kazi, I have done quite a bit of reading, and I've learned what happens when one grows up. What the readings didn't prepare me for was how ungrateful children can be," he explains, shrugging his shoulders. It was probably the most opinionated the stallion had been to someone that wasn't Bucky, but he felt it was warranted in this situation, especially after seeing the bright glint in Kazi's eyes.

"I never told you this, Kazi, but my own father died before I was ever born. So I know what it's like to grow up without a father, or hell, without even a father figure. My mother never fell in love again; my father was the love of her life. But you? You had a father figure. Me? I had no one outside of my mother. We're not the same," Liam bit out, the interaction between the two of them turning south in the blink of an eye.

With his next question, the great captain realized he'd hit a nerve. Kazi's eyes narrowed, and there was yet another bittersweet pang to the captain's heart. He'd been alone most of his life, especially after his mother died, and he had no other family outside of Bucky. Having no siblings — older or younger — paved the way for the stallion to be incredibly lonely as he grew up.

Scoffing at Kazi's next words, Liam rolled his eyes and fixed the colt with a look. "She left you, did she not? She's gone?" He inquired, shifting his weight once more. After a few short moments, he began to pace carefully in front of Kazi, feeling the incapability to stand still settling in again. "I'm sorry, Kazi, but I fail to see any difference in what Kaja has done compared to what I did. We both left you. You were left alone, left to deal with an ill mother," he points out, knowing full well that he's most likely hit yet another nerve. But there's no stopping Liam when he's on a roll, especially not now. "You know, the way you're treating me versus how you'd compare your sister is hypocrisy. Either way you put it, she and I both abandoned you, and that's the very basic truth," he bites out, his head turning to look at Kazi as he pauses in his pacing.

There had been several times when the great captain had been told to give up in his life. But there had been so few times — less than five, if his estimate was right — when Liam had actually given up. But this was one of those times when he was actually contemplating doing exactly just that. " You know what, Kazi. You're right. There's nothing more here for us, and we're both fooling ourselves by conversing further. I'll do you one better. I don't want to see you around Dusk Court or the citizens. If I see you around Dusk Court, I won't hesitate sending the military out to make sure you leave. You're forbidden and banned from it all," he explained, eyes narrowing.

"I'd say it was nice seeing you, but, well—" Liam explains, shrugging his shoulders again. Flicking his tail over his well-muscled hindquarters, the stallion takes one more look at the colt he'd once considered a son, and he flares his nostrils. "Goodbye, Kazi," he says, a tone of finality in his voice as he turns away and leaves, his copper-coated frame disappearing into the underbrush of the forest.

"Liam speaks."

Notes;; Sorry for the wait. And also sorry not sorry for Liam.
Tag;; @Kazi 
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 779
mono

Messages In This Thread
I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-15-2021, 07:44 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 08-16-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-18-2021, 11:13 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 08-26-2021, 07:30 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-30-2021, 10:56 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 09-01-2021, 11:08 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 09-17-2021, 11:43 PM