Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Thrones & Thorns

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 17 — Threads: 4
Signos: 35
Day Court Merchant
Female [She/Her]  |  Immortal [Year 491 Winter]  |  13 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 17  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Cordelia

you are a vast forest
full of beautiful and vibrant stories

T
here was a sour man who came in after the King had introduced himself. He laid claim to the throne, and there were already hollow words being pried from the lips of this stranger. Delia in her tiny fury stares daggers at the boy. He might be bigger than her, and heck he might even look meaner than her. But she was no force to be trifled with. The small palomino woman with the crown on her head and a cape draped around her small frame step up to the bronc who came shortly after her. Her eyes narrow as she stands on her tiptoes to reach his eye level. There is a storm coming on her heels. "And who do you think you are? Who are you to cast stones of judgment and doubt when you did not thrust yourself forward to rectify the silent throne?" She demands of the bronc who looks like he was born from the stars.

He is beautiful, but his insides seem as though they are torn. She wonders what thorns have been raked through his garden. What they keep bound inside this man who is made of ire. "If you are a child of Solterra, as you say, why did you do nothing for these people you have so much pride in? Pull your weight, or silence your voice." The small, elderly woman chastises the man. Her fury is visible. "Where are your manners? My my, if you were my boy I would have taught you respect!" She snaps at him, but there is a warmth in her voice. It is not quiet pity, but disappointment. Cordelia knows this is a stranger, but she treats everyone the same. They are old friends or children who make up her family. Even the ones she doesn't get along with.

She adjusts her shoulders and the cape that is strewn across them as she comes down from her tiptoes. Cordelia is not a native to Solterra, but she'll fight anyone who tells her it is not her home. That she cannot care for its people with the same hot compassion as the natives. "I may not be a native, but I will fight anyone who tells me it is not my home and I do not love it as much as you. That I do not understand. Sonny, I have seen more in my lifetime than you would believe. I know someone who has too much pride when I see them. Have pride in your home, but don't you dare look down on someone for trying to make their home better. You're not the only one who loves Solterra." She huffs at him, finally growing quiet.

@Mernatius

Messages In This Thread
Thrones & Thorns - by Cordelia - 09-06-2021, 02:12 PM
RE: Thrones & Thorns - by Mernatius - 09-06-2021, 03:00 PM
RE: Thrones & Thorns - by Cordelia - 09-11-2021, 09:50 PM