Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stepping Up [MEETING]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

It is time.

Rousing himself from slumber, the stallion pulls himself out of the bed he shared with Buchanan before silently bathing himself in the warm water that his chambermaiden had drawn for him. With sleep still clouding his mind, he bathed quickly and dried off before pressing a tender, loving kiss to Buchanan's cheek before smiling tenderly at the stallion as he burrows deeper into their bedding. "I love you, Buck," he whispered tenderly before leaving their shared home. Since the taller stallion had found him in Novus, things had been on the upswing, had been changing for the good. He'd become Sovereign, had started to carve out an even deeper home within Novus and Dusk Court itself, and had even obtained a new home that he hoped to fill with love and laughter with Bucky. It was a necessary thing; they'd both been through so much in their lives, and this was the best sort of life that Liam could imagine giving them.

The sun was just beginning its meeting with the sky, everything bathed in a warm, soft light as the shadows withdrew their claim on the world. The grass and other plants outside his home and outside the Citadel were still covered in the dew from the overnight mist, and as Liam touched a newly blooming flower with his nose, he heard his royal advisor approach him, the gelding's hooves beating a staccato pace against the tile floor. Huffing softly, lips curled in an amusing grin, Liam turned to face him, ears pricked as he listened intently, Liam hummed and tilted his head to the side. "Well, yes. I planned on announcing the regime change today, but--" He paused, brow furrowing as he listened to the advisor, only just realizing that the Citadel didn't look presentable. With a soft groan, Liam entered the main atrium, ears flattening back in annoyance at the appearance of it all. There were bird droppings, pieces of nests, feathers, and other debris laying scattered around the room. "I need the janitorial staff now," the copper-burnished stallion urged his advisor, his voice imploring.

The advisor nodded and quickly backed away, his hooves beating in that familiar staccato pace as he rushed off in a hurry to find the janitorial staff. Flaring his nostrils, Liam turned his narrowed gaze to the lovebirds that had taken refuge in his atrium. They were supposed to have been a gift from the Day Court Sovereign, but at the current moment, they seemed to be more of a hassle than a gift. Snorting in disbelief, Liam looked behind him as the janitorial staff approached him, and he quietly moved out of their way, letting his advisor know that he wanted the atrium to be cleared out of the lovebirds -- temporarily -- and for the atrium to be decorated in the Dusk Court colors and the draperies adorned with Vespera's image. The advisor nodded, wrote it down on the clipboard he was carrying with him before he departed with the design team. Liam glanced at the janitorial staff and the animal caretakers as they both cleaned up and attempted to relocate the birds temporarily before he set off again.

Just a few short hours later, it was nearing midday, and as Liam approached the Citadel again, he saw that everything was set up to his expectations, his advice, and he just gave a gentle smile and nod to his advisor, who smiled back at him. While not exactly perfect, Liam figured that the meeting would go better if the decorations were Vespera-oriented. It wasn't like the atrium was decorated for a party; rather, the decorations were subdued, proper, and respectful. There were refreshments, and Liam was appreciative of it. Glancing around, he noticed that there was a pulpit that he could speak from, but standing above everyone else felt wrong, and it made his skin crawl. Turning to face the crowd that had finally gathered, the copper-burnished stallion heard the whispers. He heard how his appearance in the Court was suspect, how he had been nothing but a soldier and that he had no right to be leading, but his favorite accusation was that he needed to go back to being a hermit and no one asked him to step up.

Inhaling deeply, Liam walked to the front of the crowd that had gathered, his eyes bright and coat shimmering as he stood in the rays of the sun. "I know that I'm probably not who you expected or who you may have wanted for Sovereign in the absence of Rhone. However, I did check in on him to make sure that he was okay before I did stake my claim," he began, voice clear and loud enough for those in the back to hear him. "Dusk Court and Terrastella have been quiet for far too long. Vespera herself once asked me what I would do if the kingdom fell. Would I move on? Or would I help rebuild?" Here, he paused, letting the questions ring for a few moments in the heads of the citizens, of the crowd that had gathered. He could see the questions in their eyes, unspoken and unvoiced. "Today, I'm standing before you to let you know that I'm intent on rebuilding the Dusk Court to its best form yet. I am a soldier, yes, but I've been a ruler before. I know what must be done, what should be done, and what can be done to better the kingdom I lead."

Once more, he pauses, but he doesn't stay silent for long. "I am not someone who jumps headlong into battle, who jumps without thinking first. I give immense thought to everything that I do. I've been that way since I was a young colt. I've been a fighter from day one. I was born far too early, sickly, and I honestly shouldn't be standing before you today. But because I am a fighter, I fought to continue to survive, and I will fight for you just as hard. But above all, I am one of you. Yes, I may hold the title of Sovereign, but I am you. Your worries are my worries. But in order to do everything that I would love to do, I need a regime. If you have the desire, the time, and the want to better our wonderful Court, please, step forward," Liam implores gently, falling silent as he waits for questions, concerns, or even others to step forward and join him as members of the Terrastellan council.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; All are welcome and encouraged to join in the fun! <3
Tag;;
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 1091

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Stepping Up [MEETING] - by Liam - 09-10-2021, 07:44 PM
RE: Stepping Up [MEETING] - by Below Zero - 09-10-2021, 08:11 PM
RE: Stepping Up [MEETING] - by Erd - 09-11-2021, 12:04 PM
RE: Stepping Up [MEETING] - by Grimwyck - 09-11-2021, 12:36 PM