Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I rep this city [MEETING]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

you know i rep this shit
i gots it tatted on my skin
if you fuckin' with my city

Callynite

then you fuckin' with my kin
you know i rep this shit
i got my hands up on your chest

The doe felt like a mess. She stared quietly at her reflection in the mirror of her new room . . . her room . . . in this large fortress, the large citadel. Her new home, the crowning glory of Delumine, where she was expected to lead her court to success, "What the hell was I thinking?" She asked the reflection, before shaking her head, and forcing herself to straight, to stand taller, "I've got this. Just face the masses, make sure they know who I am . . . Oh gods, what if they question me . . . . How do you even address a crowd like this?" She felt like crawling back into the big empty bed behind her, suddenly wishing she had the strength, the support of her fiance beside her. She could use Coy's reassuring touch, his positive infectious smile. But no, she needed to do this herself.

She turned towards the door, opening it to finally allow the stewardess inside from where they'd been waiting for who knows how wrong, "Is everything in order?" The question came smoothly but felt awkward as she addressed the individual. She was quickly assured that the flyers had been sent out, announcing the meeting today, the courtyard had been dressed appropriated, formally but not absurd (which meant Coy hadn't shown up to put a wrench in things . . . yet, she never knew where to trust her buck with these things. His ideas were rarely proper for the general public. He was talking about flame throwers at their wedding after all, and she hadn't had the patience to even ask what he wanted them for before knocking those down.

Instead, she nodded, dismissing the stewardess for the moment, so she could finish getting ready - though perhaps psyching herself up was a better term, a proper term. No, she could do this. Sure, it was leading an entire community, rather than just a handful of adventures on an exploration . . . but same thing, right? Time to get this party started before she realized it wasn't. She left her rooms then, and immediately some attendants fell in line, a few still unable to stop themselves from staring at the deer they found leading them. Cally didn't care about that, let them stare. However, as she passed the windows, the vines crawling up, seeming to literally move closer to the glass, she felt herself relax, as the foilage reassured her where she could not, Do well, mistress! We have faith in you! You have this, mistress! Who needs friends when you can commune with nature?

She stepped outside, blinking away the early sun from her eyes, and following the paths that would lead to the main courtyard, smiling as bits of vine brushed against her as she passed, flowers and grass blades clinging to her limbs in delight at her presence. Would her people be this happy to see her? All around her, the plants, the foilage called out greetings and reassurances only she could hear, and she could feel the reassuring hum of Viridae Forest in the back of her mind, her magic once more connecting her to the ley lines that extended all the way through Novus, letting her own awareness be swept through Delumine, checking everything was in order, was secure before she'd step in front of the masses. Even the trees, feeling her mental presence assured her all was well, chiding her for putting off the meeting longer.

With little left to check, she squared her shoulders, before nodding to some vines that were acting as a partitioner between the courtyard the meeting was to be held in, and where she was in the gardens. The vines split, pulling themselves back, and she walked through, her head held high, and the slight sparkling of green magic down her spine, from where the ley line energy buzzed. She didn't stand on the podium, find a stage to lord over, or set herself at the top of the stairway back into another section of the Citadel. No. Cally moved to the front, her gaze turning towards the people as her attendants fell into their spots off to the side, near a scribe that was ready to document this event so Cally could come back to and focus on any questions she might not have an answer to just yet. So she could bring up ideas or thoughts that came forward during this meeting. So she could do right by the people of Dawn.

"Thank you for coming out, I am certain early morning meetings are no one's idea of fun. But this meeting is well due. My name is Callynite, for those of you who know me, I am delighted to see you again, for those of you who don't, I have been a member of Dawn Court for the past few years, exploring all of Novus to continue to learn and embrace the knowledge out there. But, Delumine has gone quiet, and not even I could ignore it for much longer. Not too long ago, I challenged Andras for Sovereignty of the Kingdom, and I won. So, today, I stand before you as the Sovereign of Dawn Court." A little lengthier than she'd planned for her introduction, but as she stared out at the sea of faces, she knew she had to do this right.

The red deer tilted her head to the side, antlers glinting in the early sun, "I have high hopes of Delumine, to see it become a kingdom teeming with life, to see it return to the glory it has been in the past, rather than the subdued engagement it's displayed previously. But I know this is not a journey for me to take alone, and ask that each and every one of you help me bring Delumine back to life. We are a people of wisdom, honesty, and intellect. And I know, working together, all of us, we can accomplish things of the likes Novus has never seen before. I cannot do this alone, I may hold a crown, but I am still one doe.

"So I ask now, for those who wish to share their own ideas, their own thoughts - voice their own questions, speak now. If I don't have an answer today, I will find an answer for you. My scribe will be dictating this entire meeting, so nothing said here will be dismissed or forgotten. I am also looking for a Regime, a Council to work alongside me, and if any such positions interest you, I ask that you speak to me in regards to it.
" She concluded, falling quiet, her steady gaze calm, waiting for who would speak up first, and hoping that she'd be able to tackle anything asked of her smoothly.

motherfuckers best believe it

"Speech"
Thoughts
@All of Dawn
Notes: Lets get this party started.

that you're fuckin' with the best
kill the lights

Artwork ©Bingo

Messages In This Thread
I rep this city [MEETING] - by Callynite - 09-11-2021, 12:48 PM
RE: I rep this city [MEETING] - by Aska - 09-11-2021, 03:36 PM
RE: I rep this city [MEETING] - by Huehuecoyotl - 09-11-2021, 06:01 PM