Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Changes and Challenges

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
sister, i hear you laugh, my heart fills full of love
keep me please, sister, when you cry
i feel your tears, running down my face
The alien laughed, shaking her head gently.

"No, you're alright. Not intruding. I've already done practicing anyway, and I don't really need to nap to gain the energy back, it just earns it back faster. It's alright, truly." Of course, there was also the part of her that wondered would there be a time when her sister came in would be a moment of intruding. When she had her own family? When it wasn't just her she'd be watching for. Briefly, the thought of Sol and Jiri hit her heart hard, and that thought was just as quickly followed of what it might really be like, to have a relationship with the tall, black and gold stallion.

Their own foals. Their own family.

No. No. No. No. No. She didn't need to think about that. She was only just becoming used to being with him, to this courtship really happening. That he was really interested in pursuing a future. She didn't need to plan their lives yet . . . but even she couldn't deny the feeling of warmth in her chest at the idea. Instead, she focused on her sister, on whatever was going on, whatever she could do to help. Her words had the older mare snorting softly, "I've learned whenever we think something is stupid, it's usually when it's the most important." She'd thought her imagining that Sol could be interested in her was stupid, her own foolish crush so long ago had been stupid. The only thing that had turned out to be stupid was her own denial.

When Pol began to speak about her mentor, Bel felt her heart clench.

She couldn't blame the younger mare. Polar didn't remember mother much, so of course, she'd want someone to take that role, to be a mother to her. It was only natural. But when she spoke of worrying about losing her, Bel had to gently laugh, shaking her head. "Be still. Just because your mentor has found someone who makes them happy, doesn't mean they'll forget everyone else. We don't live our lives for a single individual, but for all the relationships we make. She might be happy, but she'll NEVER not want you. Because your relationship with her is as special and unique as you, yourself are. We all have our own places in each other's hearts, and we are the only ones that can fill those holes."

Bel smiled, before nuzzling her sister.

"Don't try too hard, just continue to be yourself, and you'll be fine, Polly." The nickname slipped out before Bel could stop it, and she felt her own heart clenched briefly as she found herself repeating the same assurances her mother had given the foal when Polar was sooo little, sooo long ago. Don't be afraid of the deep, you'll be fine, Polly. Those are just penguins, you're fine, Polly. I know you were alarmed and feeling lost, but we're here now; and you'll be just fine, Polly. Bel shook her head, instead of diving her thoughts into the knowledge of what the mare was saying about what she had learned about her mentor.

Her muzzle let out a tiny, soft sigh.

"We cannot protect others from themselves. Only they, themselves, can decide what is too much for them. It's like trying to keep the tide from touching the beach, eventually, it'll come crashing down. Instead of trying to fight the currents, be there for her when you tell her. If you spend too much time worrying, you'll never give yourself time to live." Wasn't that part of her reason for accepting the Courtship for Sol? Being anxious and worrying about it hadn't done her any good. Only by seeing where it could go, could they truly see if it was meant to be. And since she stopped worrying about that . . . she'd found their relationship almost back to normal, but a better normal. A version of their own normal that was filled with warmth, and soft touches. Of private looks, and the promise of things to come.

It stirred her heart and made her feel alive again.

Bel sank to the ground, and she used her tail to pull her sister into her side, hugging her as tightly as she could, and knowing she really couldn't offer any more help, she decided to try a different method of assistance: distraction,"So, Sol and I are courting." She stated, the words rather casual, as if she hadn't been denying the relationship between her and her large guardian for so, so long. "I figured you might be interested in knowing that." Even as she said it, she couldn't stop the small smile that touched her muzzle as she said it out loud. That they were courting, they were together. "But if I hear even the snippet of an 'I told you so,' from you, I'll be forced to tickle you until you go crazy from giggling." If nothing else, maybe she could get her sister to laugh, maybe?

"Bel"
Yukime
@Polar North
Notes:: She's trying.

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Changes and Challenges - by Polar North - 09-27-2021, 12:41 PM
RE: Changes and Challenges - by Below Zero - 09-30-2021, 09:40 AM
RE: Changes and Challenges - by Polar North - 10-03-2021, 09:10 PM
RE: Changes and Challenges - by Below Zero - 10-04-2021, 03:59 PM
RE: Changes and Challenges - by Polar North - 10-11-2021, 05:20 PM
RE: Changes and Challenges - by Below Zero - 10-24-2021, 10:04 PM