Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Broke down and put myself back together again

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 4
Signos: 10
Night Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  15 [Year 495 Fall]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Clairvoyance  |    Bonded: N/A

The land was different but the scene was always the same, it was always a beach that she'd find first. Maybe part of it was because in the back of Io's mind she was hoping that he'd show up like he always did, but she'd never admit that. Instead she'd bury that deep down, pretend it didn't play into her decisions, and refuse to acknowledge it in even the slightest of ways. She's become a master at refusing to face the truth until it hits her square in the face and so far she's wracked up a good handful of incidents due to that nasty habit.

The chill of the autumn night bites into her bones with each step Io takes along the beach, her legs wet and hair sticking to her from when she'd stood in the water and let the waves crash into her. A shiver runs down her spine, making her regret ditching her cloak somewhere outside of Caeleste, and frustrating her more than she already was. Her frustration mainly stemming from the fact that she was alone, again. Somehow she always ended up alone in the end and at this point in her life she's beginning to think it's a sick joke from whatever God's are out there. Chandrakant you little shit. She knows very well that her missing companion can't hear her, hell she can't even sense him. Io doesn't even know where he's gone but she's fairly certain that he's wreaking havoc for someone somewhere. During one of his complaining sessions about how he didn't want to get his paws dirty the two had gotten separated outside of the borders of Novus and when Io crossed them he was gone. Her magic was nonexistent as well, God knows if she had it she'd be warmer right now. In short: She was alone, magicless, frustrated, and cold.

It's the aching cold that brings her back to reality, away from her frustrated thoughts about how her companion was most certainly causing issues somewhere. Stopping in her steps Io looks up at the night sky, the moon hanging low in the star scattered galaxy above her, and a thought crosses her mind. Am I still somewhere up there? In another land was she still a constellation hanging over the sky with Acrux? A curled ear twitches at the thought, filling up the silence with the sound of jingling from her earring. The golden mare knows she should keep moving and find somewhere for the night if she wants to stay warm but the thought clings to her, keeping her in place to stare up at the moon. 

"Talk."
IO'S NATIVE LANGUAGE, HOVER OVER ME
Thoughts
Chandrakant

Tags » OPEN but also gonna tag @Luvena just in case <3
Voice » Liv Tyler as Arwen
OOC » Sorry this is my first post in a while so I'm kinda rusty -cry-

io kairavi
I am nothing without pretend
I know my thoughts, can't live with them
x | x

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Io's moon marking is on her left hip only and her burn scar on her right shoulder
I sing in Greek and I pray in Latin,
I ache in a language so old that even the earth no longer remembers; 
so dead that it has returned to dust.

Messages In This Thread
Broke down and put myself back together again - by Io Kairavi - 10-09-2021, 08:46 PM