Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Let us live like flowers

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

At the mixture of confusion and surprise on Elain's face, Liam frowns, confusion settling on his own face. Why would the young mare be confused and surprised? Wouldn't she take that as a compliment? There was something beautiful about the young mare, something innocent and breathtaking about her soul. There was something there within her, though, that Liam could sense was holding her back. Regret? Perhaps even fear or guilt? Whatever the emotion was, the copper-coated stallion wasn't going to allow her to feel it any longer; there was no need for it. Not when she was here in Novus, not when this was almost like a new beginning for her. Liam could see — and had even noticed and experienced firsthand — that Elain was blind and needed some sort of guidance. Wasn't that what his job was? Wasn't that part of why he was Sovereign? To help those who couldn't help themselves? Offering a tender smile — mainly to himself — at how Elain's silence had carried over the both of them, the stallion's smile immediately falls as he watches the albino mare's ears turn back and sadness taking over her pretty facial features. In a moment's notice, Liam's voice is soft, tender, comforting.

"Why is that, Ms. Elain? Is there something bad that you've done? Have you taken a life with your own hooves? No? Then I hardly think that you'd be the last one any of us want to duplicate," Liam responds softly, tenderly nudging the top of her head with his muzzle. His touches are fatherly, comforting, letting her know that he was there for her, to support her through everything should she ever need a shoulder to lean on. Humming softly at her questions, Liam laughs softly, the sound nearly breathless as he ponders the answers. "Sovereigns could be lots of different things. Soldiers, like myself, can make pretty decent rulers. We have experience leading all kinds of different personalities and attitudes. We learn on the fly, we adapt and change to whatever situation or scenario is handed to us at that moment. If someone is a Sovereign and is only kind, I think they can learn to be a soldier. Same with a soldier who wants to be kind. It's a long and almost tedious process, but it's one that is certainly worth it," he explains, grinning at how Elain's smile widens.

Everything about the young mare is breathtaking, but the stallion sees it in a fatherly way. The same way that a father views his daughter as the prettiest filly he'd ever seen. Chuckling at how Elain's smile turns once more to surprise, he grins and the expression on his face morphs with the good mood that he's feeling. "If it makes you feel any better, the stallion that I have feelings for is quite a bit taller than I am," he remarks, tensing just the slightest bit. It was the first time he'd told anyone other than Bel about his feelings for Bucky. But the young mare at his side had opened up about her own fathers and her brother, so he knew that he'd find no sort of judgment from her. "Bucky's always been taller than me," he whispers in a conspiring manner, grinning teasingly. "When we were younger, I always told him I'd knock him down to my height to show him a thing or two. Never got around to it. Never really wanted to; just liked messing with him," he teased, good-naturedly.

As Liam comes alongside Elain, he doesn't even notice the gems and scales as they press into his flesh and coat. The thick winter fur keeps him well-protected, and the accelerated healing from his immortality keeps the wounds from getting worse than a tiny pin prick. Their coats mingle together, a startling comparison of the rich, warm, burnished copper color of the chestnut stallion to the bright white of the albino mare. Though built like a freight train and shaped for war and destruction, the stallion is everything but. In life, he was a gentle giant, never really turning a blind eye to someone in need, nor did he turn someone away when they needed help. Gently craning his head and neck in a way that makes it easier for Elain to follow his movements, Liam offers a tender smile, his muzzle brushing against her cheek in a caressing manner, wanting her to forget any and all worries that she may have. Hooves that carried out tasks that he hadn't thought about in decades led them through the snow, toward the Citadel that they would both start to reside in. "No thanks are necessary, Ms. Elain. Really, I'm just here to help in any way that I can," he responds kindly, once more offering her a tender smile.

Knowing that she couldn't exactly see his expressions or anything of that sort, Liam turned his focus on the towering Citadel as they approached it. "It was— something," he responds, voice breaking slightly as he thought about Agnosia and how the world had been nearly torn apart by war after war after war. A soldier through and through, Liam's body had ached and yearned to be thrust back into the bloody throes of war, of getting to have just one more chance at everything. But, thankfully, after having settled down in Novus for quite some time, the burning ache had dulled into something that he didn't even notice most days. "What about you? Where do you hail from? Once we get to the Citadel, which is actually a lot closer than I had expected, I'll get you a room set up. Did you want a fire started for you?"

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; Somehow I wrote this long reply and didn't realize it o-o
Tag;; @Elain
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 947

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Let us live like flowers - by Elain - 11-01-2021, 10:33 PM
RE: Let us live like flowers - by Liam - 11-02-2021, 09:25 PM
RE: Let us live like flowers - by Elain - 11-03-2021, 08:44 PM
RE: Let us live like flowers - by Liam - 11-03-2021, 11:31 PM