Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Something Better

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm ready to bleed to make amends
And sleep in this dirt we call our bed
So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces
To fall and rewrite the bitter end

He felt his emotions wobble and his bottom lip tremble at being told he wasn’t intruding, that there was concern for his well being. Emotions that were as raw and fresh as the scrapes and burns on his skin. He was a colt who was accustomed to being shoved to the side, left to tend to his own devices. As their entire society had revolved around flying, reaching the highest peaks of the volcano he had been excluded. Most young of their kind could fly somewhat within days. Aeon was 2 years old at this point and still firmly stuck to the ground. He noted this other stallion also didn’t have wings. It was a relief that there would be no expectation to fly with them. There would be no racing to keep up. There would also be no one attempting to take him back to where he came from. 

“I fell from the sky above, the open fields. The mountain grew angry with me, with hot flowing rage it shook me off. Then I just fell and fell until the ground hit me”. His young red eyes were wide with fear at attempting to explain the experience. His lungs still burnt and felt restricted from breathing in the soot and ash, making his voice raspy at times.

Walking beside another creature was a foriegn experience. As was the care and attention being shown to him. Aeon also knew better than to defy the orders of those who ruled. He still wasn’t sure about the laws and functions of this land; but he figured those who ruled still had the same expectations. Equines in power were to be respected and followed.  “What’s an infection?” he asked, tilting his head to the side. 

Arriving at the hospital he followed Liam inside. The walls closed in on him, trapping him inside. Wheezing short breaths was all he could manage. Summoning the courage to continue on, to just follow the other figure infront of him. To stave off the ever looming floor below him from consuming him whole. 

He whimpered and felt entirely overwhelmed at the touch of the medical staff starting to attend to his wounds. It took mental control and care to not screech and push them away. He felt overwhelming pain and overstimulation. He pushed and forced the feelings deeper into his gut. He forced himself to trust that these strangers had the best intentions and knowledge. Everything was just so outside of the experiences of his short life thus far. What other choice did he have but to accept.

The depth and complexity of his burns would surely require further treatment in time. But for now, this would be life saving. 

ooc: @Liam

Messages In This Thread
Something Better - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 02:06 AM
RE: Something Better - by Liam - 02-18-2022, 01:47 AM
RE: Something Better - by Aeon - 02-21-2022, 10:26 PM
RE: Something Better - by Liam - 02-21-2022, 11:59 PM
RE: Something Better - by Aeon - 02-22-2022, 10:54 AM