Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I've become so numb

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
how can you see into
my eyes like open doors?
leading you down into my core
where i've become so numb

Caelum had been to many places throughout Novus in her time here.  

Had met a number of new friends, and reconnected with old. Yet, there was no sense in denying the loneliness in her heart. Some used the pain: Luvena and her kind understanding, Boleyn and his energetic needling, even Seb and his odd way of making her forget the hurt.  She still didn't know what to make of his mysterious ways that could make her forget her troubles. But she lived up with rather solitary life. She didn't eagerly join the others, meet up with friends, especially in the Winter. 

When she would spend her days alone in her empty tea shop.

She knew it wasn't healthy, yet she couldn't help herself. The cold temperatures made it hard enough to brave the outside world, and since her running with Seb, her heart had been hurting more than it had prior. She didn't want to run into anyone she may know. She didn't want to make them worry, or worse, lie to them. So she'd been hiding awand hiding away. 

But then things got worse.

She'd see him in the shadows from the corner of her eye.  All cocky smiles and tsnder expressions, but when she would turn he would be gone. Or she would see him walking down the hallway, into her bedroom. She would rush to catch up, his name a desperate plea on her lips, only to be met with an empty room. She would hear his throaty chuckle from behind her, so deep it would rattle her bones. Or feel the leather of his bat like wings caress her cheek when she squeezed her eyes shut.

She was chasing a phantom.

And while it broke her heart to admit it, she had to get away from it. The dainty fae had ran. She didn't lock up her shop, turn the sign to close, or even grab herself a cloak to protect her from the chill of the wind. She had to get away, and quickly. The air was freezing, frost clinging to her delicate wings even as she flew from the lake, from Denocte's lands around the gulf of the sea. Desperate for a place to hide.

She touched down at the cliffs.

It was now out of need, rather than preference. Her wings now too heavy with ice to support her, she shivered as she looked out over the waters. The cold wind tugged at her long, loose ivory locks, stinging a hide and build fit for warmer weather. Ice crystals clung to her eyelashes, tear tracks frozen in place on her cheeks. But the cold grasp of winter on her delicate body did little to chase away the pain in her heart. 

The ache remained.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Mannon
Notes: <3 I missed his character <3 Caelum's just like 'Ah yes, I remember this one.'

without a soul, my spirit's
sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and
lead it back home
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
I've become so numb - by Caelum - 01-29-2022, 08:39 PM
RE: I've become so numb - by Mannon - 01-29-2022, 10:26 PM
RE: I've become so numb - by Caelum - 01-29-2022, 10:57 PM
RE: I've become so numb - by Mannon - 01-30-2022, 12:38 AM
RE: I've become so numb - by Caelum - 01-30-2022, 01:11 AM