Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I've become so numb

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
how can you see into
my eyes like open doors?
leading you down into my core
where i've become so numb

She is being observed, and she prays the mask holds.

It wasn't the first time she'd had another's attention, the judgement on how many of her words were truth. In a way, they aren't necessarily true lies either. When thought out of context, she had told the truth - physically she was fine. The cold wind had added to the wetness of her eyes. But a fae's trick is learning to speak in half truths and obscuring the real answer.

Still he seems to see more than she wants him to.

She is briefly distracted by his questions on what she was, and a brief smile tugs at her muzzle, the slightest of laughs. Bird mare, indeed? "Pegasus you mean? In some ways I suppose I fit the general description, but I am one of the fae. Or faeries. Not really a bird." She goes to flutter those wings on emphasis only to hear ice crack and she makes a face at the reminder of her currently iced over wings, "I would demonstrate, but as mentioned, my wings are currently in a frozen state due to the weather, and I really do not wish to break off part of a wing. It would be inconvenient and take too long to grow back."

She wasn't worried about the potential pain.

Not compared to the constant turmoil of her heart. He is quick to staye she has nothing to thank him for, to which she graciously nods, "Be that as it may, you will find there are not so many who would use their own body to shelter another from the wind, especially a stranger. Perhaps it is merely an act of compassion lost on the use." The thought makes the Immortal dame suddenly feel so old. It likely didn't help how old fashioned her people had been. He introduces himself and she is surprised he claims no Court with ties too, "You are not part of Dusk Court, of Terrastella?" She questions in surprise. "I had assumed so with your presence on these lands." She added by way of explination.

As he turns back to the water, she does not expect his next words.

They are like a punch to the gut, stealing her breath with vengeance and leaving her feeling exposed. She chooses to not respond right away, instead listening to his words. Her gaze has also returned to the ocean, though her smile has fallen from her dark muzzle. She wasn't expecting him tobstate he thinks she is like him. And the words regarding what his wife was like, how she excelled at helping others where he did not. From her peripheral she sees him start to tear up, and when he looks back to her, she meets his gaze with caution.

The eye contact does not last long however.

As he speaks of seeing and feeling his wife everywhere, her head drops, and those tears well up again. "I . . . Thought I was doing better. Being stronger. Overcoming it all. I was able to comfortably discuss some of the pain with another . . . But them it all came racing back, worse than before. I was seeing him in ever shadow of my home, hearing him in every sigh of the wind." She brushes her cheeks wearily, only go remember the cold air is causing her tears to freeze. "They say it should get easier with time, and I thought it was. But I was not prepared for a set back of this magnitude."

She signs, lifting her gaze from the ground.

Those chocolate eyes are conflicted now as they settle on him, "I apologize, you have clearly caught me at one of my worst moments. I try to keep myself more put together than this. I sincerely apologize for any distress I have caused you." Perhaps it was the best example of her character, apologizing for her blubbering even as the tears fall down.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Mannon
Notes: <3 he's so sweet!!

without a soul, my spirit's
sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and
lead it back home
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
I've become so numb - by Caelum - 01-29-2022, 08:39 PM
RE: I've become so numb - by Mannon - 01-29-2022, 10:26 PM