Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus
Poll: Do you accept Uzuri as the second sovereign of Terrastella?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
4 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Maybe
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Private  - The first step is the hardest (Liam)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

The multi-colored mare had a point. It would make sense that they were like clay. Trauma happened, but they were rebuilt from that, built taller and stronger, only to repeat the cycle. Sometimes it was exhausting, but other times, it was extremely rewarding. "You know, that makes a lot of sense. Whenever something happens, we get torn down, but then we rebuild, we get stronger. We're moldable, easily shaped by things that happen to us. I haven't ever worked with clay personally, but I understand what you mean; other friends have worked with that medium before," he remarks, nodding his head in understanding.

The soft laugh from Uzi had him grinning and he made a noise of agreement. "For most of us, it does. Some thrive in the winter, though, and wilt come spring and summer. I like your analogy, though. What better time to improve yourself than when the warm weather comes around? Winter is so dark and gloomy; I try to keep the Citadel lit during the night, and I try to keep it warm, too. It's bad enough we only get a few hours of daytime; we shouldn't have to suffer with the cold inside, too," he explained, making a motion toward a partially burned log as it sat in the last fireplace they passed before they went outside.

Quietly, he listened to her explain her wings and how even the surest of wings could be prone to accidents. That would explain the multiple crashes that Anthony had when he first started using the wings. Even Falcon had a few mishaps. "I've seen a few crashes. They looked worse than they were. Both of them got up and walked off, but the mechanical wings were damaged, and had to be rebuilt," he comments off-handedly, pricking his ears at what she told him, his brow furrowing in concern. "I truly hope that no one was forcing you to train that hard, but if they were, that is incredibly harmful on their part. You could have been seriously injured," Liam remarked, that same concern edging into his voice.

As he told Uzi that he wanted her to become the Dusk Court's second Sovereign, she stopped moving, and he grinned at her as he moved, making sure that they were facing each other again. He tilted his head to the side a little when he heard her talk about being an outsider. "I hope that things are going okay at your forge and that you're finding things in Dusk comparable, if not better, than before you left?" He inquired gently, his expression kind and gentle, amusement flickering on his face.

"Unless there's another mare here named Uzuri? Yes," he jokes, his expression still kind and gentle. There was a moment where he started questioning himself, started wondering if he was doing the right thing. At no point did he doubt Uzuri. No, he was doubting himself. If he'd known what Uzi's fears were, he would have been quick to dispel them, chase them away quickly, and let her know that he would never think she was anything but brilliant. Asking questions were how one learned, how one grew. If you never asked questions, you would never grow.

To break the ice a bit, Liam huffed softly, his lips curling into a teasing, gentle grin. "Well, don't sound so excited," he teased, his voice good-natured as he gazed at Uzuri. Ears pricking as his expression sobered, he sighed ever so softly and fixed her with a gentle look. "While you may believe that not most people think of you when thinking of a Sovereign, I must say that I've been keeping an eye on everyone in the Court for this reason alone, and I truly believe that you are the perfect fit. Especially after what you said at the meeting when I introduced myself to the Court for the first time. That was when you appeared on my radar. I have to honestly say that I was incredibly flattered by what you said. It— It meant a lot. But yes! I want you to take this opportunity, to achieve something that you may have been wanting to achieve for a long time. I want you to make a difference."

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; I'm squealing askdfjasd
Tag;; @Uzuri
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 708

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Messages In This Thread
The first step is the hardest (Liam) - by Uzuri - 02-01-2022, 03:54 PM
RE: The first step is the hardest (Liam) - by Liam - 02-22-2022, 11:34 PM