Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A queen should be one of the people

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Uzuri

« I was a princess made of ashes; there is nothing left of me to burn.
Now it's time for a queen to rise.
»

Sovereign... The word was terrifying and electrifying all in one. A word that meant the world to many that heard it. A word that described a select few that put their courts before their own whims. A word that nearly sent the mare to her knees. The court had decided to agree with Liam. To give her the chance to prove herself more than just a simple blacksmith. To give her purpose that went above and beyond everything she once thought her world would have. These thoughts drove Uzuri from the bed in her home. The home she was still trying to decide what to do with. Even though she knew that she had a place in the citadel, she also knew she couldnt give up the home that she had once shared with her mother.

Pacing through the house, she gazed over the boxes and trunks that were ready for their journey to her new home. Was she truly ready for this? Shaking her head, she moved to her armory. What was left at least. Nearly everything had been packed and was ready for transport. Almost. Sitting on a hook, a pendant was gleaming in the early morning light. Even though she had not made it for herself, the mare could not find it in herself to part with the striking piece. A richly colored blue sapphire sparkled in its silver setting, the piece simple and elegant without being over the top or boring. "What do I do with you?" She whispered softly as she took it from the hook and placed it into a small wooden box to protect it.

"Still struggling?" The warm voice of her bonded danced along her flesh and brought a surge of warmth to the mare. Uzi turned to see the vividly colored creature and smiled. "Maybe just a little." Uzi laughed as she approached the canine and nuzzled her back. "I never expected to be special, to be a big part of the court. Not again..." She whispered, her chocolate eyes closed as she pressed her muzzle to the warm fur. "Now I am one of the biggest. I am one side of the face of Dusk. That idea alone is intimidating. What if I fail?" She asked softly.

"But what if you succeed? What if instead of falling, you fly higher than ever and make a real difference?" Neema asked her in return, vivid green eyes warm and kind. "Think of failures as opportunities. You have the chance to learn and grow when things dont go well. Dont dwell on the bad. Let each possible failure be a stepping point from where you try again and reach higher." The maned wolf said before licking the mare's cheek.

"When did you grow so wise, my dear?" Uzi snorted as she ruffled the fur and then lead the way out of the house. "I wont find that strength staying inside of the house. I need to be out, to meet those that are part of my court and familiarize myself with everyone. No queen can successfully rule from behind the forge." She said with a laugh as she entered the court proper. Neema stayed at her side, a comforting presence as Uzuri lifted her head and smiled at those around her.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@--
Notes: Open to any <3 Uzi wants to start meeting her court properly
Credit: Character by Chaosy, Art by LizzArtStudios

Messages In This Thread
A queen should be one of the people - by Uzuri - 03-08-2022, 05:59 PM
RE: A queen should be one of the people - by Aeon - 04-05-2022, 07:28 AM
RE: A queen should be one of the people - by Aeon - 04-11-2022, 06:38 PM
RE: A queen should be one of the people - by Liam - 04-11-2022, 10:09 PM
RE: A queen should be one of the people - by Aeon - 04-25-2022, 05:31 AM