Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Paralyzed

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

BUCKY & LIAM,

The great stallion had made a decision. Was it an easy one? No. Would it be one that would be painful to admit to, or to tell anyone else? Yes. Was it one that he regretted? Not really. As of late, the call for retirement was loud, incessant, unyielding. Aches and pains, despite the lack of aging on the stallion's part, sliced into him every day like knives, like arrows. It wasn't until now that he realized that Bucky had been right. Perhaps seeking out danger, seeking out fights, yearning for that leadership position was getting to be too much for them these days. Bucky had long since given up fighting, finding that all his fighting had been done ages ago. Retirement looked good on the dark stallion, and every night, Liam just stared at his boyfriend with amazement, love, and adoration. How he'd managed to snag someone as incredible as the taller stallion was incredible, and he was so thankful that Bucky was in his life the way that he was.

It was why, as Liam and Bucky stood in the Citadel, the copper-burnished stallion felt like he was making the right decision. He and Bucky had spent hours the night before, cuddled together as close as they possibly could get, talking and edging closer and closer to heavier topics as the night wore on. Finally, they got to the topic of Sovereign, of how the position was weighing on the copper-coated stallion and how it was tearing down the strong mental walls that he'd built throughout his life. It was in the wee hours of the morning that the pair came to the conclusion that the title of Sovereign would reside solely on Uzuri's shoulders.

Guilt still bubbled in Liam's stomach as he looked at his Co-Sovereign, worry and heartache in his eyes as he looked at her. "Uzi, I—" Liam's voice broke as he tried to speak, his ears flicking back against his skull. What could he even say? Clearing his throat, he tried again, inhaling shakily. "I'm so sorry to do this to you. I know you said it was okay, but I still feel bad, and this isn't something that was an easy decision. Bucky and I were up all night trying to come up with a solution that didn't involve me stepping down and leaving Novus as a whole, but—" He cuts himself off, looking away from Uzuri so that she wouldn't be able to see the pain in his expression, and so that she couldn't see all the hurt he was carrying inside of him. "All I ask from you, dear Uzi, is that you keep Aeon around; he's a good kid and he'll do wonders for Dusk Court as a soldier if you allow him. Asta— she'll drive you crazy with her antics, but she's a sweetheart. Don't let her parents kill that beautiful soul inside of her. Elain—"

Once more, he cuts himself off at the mention of Elain. One of the most recent citizens he'd taken in as his children, the albino mare was one of the sweetest equines he'd ever met. She was sensitive, and he worried what his disappearance would do to her, what it would do to her children. Not that they'd been introduced to him. He'd never even met the father of the foals. None of that mattered now. Inhaling shakily again, he watched as citizens started setting foot into the Citadel, a sight that he would most likely never see again. "My citizens, thank you for joining us today. I know the weather is a little warm, but trust me when I say that this meeting is incredibly important."

Liam could hear the whispers, wondering if he was finally taking a significant other, or debating between each other what the announcement would be. The great captain knew that none of them were expecting what he was about to tell them. "It is with great sadness that I am here to tell you that I am stepping down as Sovereign, and our great court looks to Uzuri to lead us to greatness once again. It's been my pleasure to lead you for the short time that I have; I would do it again in a heartbeat. That said, I am retiring from leading, and I am going to go live a life with this guy," he announces, nudging Bucky's neck tenderly with his muzzle. "Whether me retiring from serving leads me away from Novus or has me stay here has yet to be seen, but I will miss helping each and every one of you. It's been my absolute pleasure to be your Sovereign."

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; Some things have happened in my life, and as a result, I need to step back a bit from Novus entirely. If Staff has any questions about any of what has happened, they're more than welcome to reach out to me.
Tag;;
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Word count;; 778

mono

Messages In This Thread
Paralyzed - by Liam - 04-24-2022, 11:16 PM
RE: Paralyzed - by Uzuri - 04-24-2022, 11:50 PM
RE: Paralyzed - by Aeon - 04-25-2022, 06:15 AM
RE: Paralyzed - by Asta - 05-08-2022, 03:00 AM