Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The start of something new

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Uzuri

« No Damsel in distress, don’t need to save me. »

They walked in companionable silence for a while, Uzi using the time to look at the forest with no judgement or preconceived notions. It was refreshing, to be with one that didn’t seem to care what station she held and was speaking to her as… well… her. Before she realized it, he had brushed against her forehead and she found herself smiling at him. They were the same height, so the touch felt almost natural rather than stretching between them. 

Uzi realized that he was avoiding looking directly at Neema and she turned her head to frown at the canid. "I promise, she is usually more of a puppy than guardian." She laughed softly, shaking her head as her bonded relaxed and let her jaw open into a laughing smile. "And… thank you. I have had no one offer comfort in many years. It has always been easier to shoulder emotional burdens silently." She whispered as she stepped closer to the stallion.

"You are wise. It is so hard to let myself relax when it feels like everyone is looking for me to fail." She murmured as she smiled at him. His company felt easy, natural. Not that she had any idea of how she should feel with others. She had always been rather reserved, almost alone all of the time. To let another in was to court danger. The last stallion she had tried to let in had turned out to be a failure for her. 

Uzi snorted softly. "I seem to live in a constant state of irony." She laughed softly before looking up at him. "I would never push one to make decisions that would make them uncomfortable… but I would also find myself happy if you were closer. It is odd, almost as if we already knew each other. I have never found speaking to another this easy." She said softly, gazing up at him with warm chocolate eyes.

Uzi followed his movements and found herself closer to his side than she had anticipated. She looked up at the stallion with a shy smile. "I didn’t intend to get that close. I wouldn’t want to impose. If you wish me to scoot over, I can." She whispered softly before turning her gaze to see what he was pointing out. After a moment of searching, she noticed the burrow and the slight creatures within. She took a deep breath, delighting in the sight of new life. 

His words washed over her and she found herself smiling at him. "I think I understand what you mean. While I am inexperienced in many parts of life, I feel different around you." She whispered, her words as soft as falling snow. Neema gazed at her companion before turning and disappearing into the forest away from the burrow. She would explore for a while to give Uzi a chance to enjoy his presence.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Liseli
Notes: <3
Credit: Character by Chaosy, Art by LizzArtStudios

Messages In This Thread
The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-01-2022, 01:09 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-02-2022, 01:02 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-02-2022, 03:28 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-02-2022, 04:24 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-02-2022, 06:29 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-12-2022, 03:08 AM