Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Next Step

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Mouser [PM] Posts: 34 — Threads: 10
Signos: 855
Dusk Court Soldier
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Winter]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Listening to Uzi's words lifted Phoebe's spirits more than she could describe, bolstering the dream she held dear and strengthening her resolve to see them reach fruition. She smiled a little more brightly, lifting her posture with a subtle pride. They weren't simply encouraging but validating, a practical demonstration of just how one with the sunset mare's stature might contribute on the battlefield, against foes much larger and lumbering than she could be on her light hooves. How come they couldn't see that? It was difficult for her even now to set aside the disappointment she carried with her toward her home herd and parents for their lack of support. Even if they had only been worried for her safety, it hadn't been right for them to stifle her aspirations. To hold her back. Here, at least, she could be free.

An offer followed, for training and a trial period with weaponry, and her heart soared. Her smile brightened into a grin and she bounced slightly in place, energy thrumming through her body. Part of her wanted to dart off and begin the process now, but that was impractical. Uzuri needed more time to think, more time to prepare, and Phoebe couldn't expect her to have it all set and ready to go so quickly. She had already waited so long; what was a little longer? Her bright eyes shifted to Aeon as he agreed to the proposal, even going so far as to offer himself for target practice which drew a soft chuckle out of the little soldier. She couldn't say the idea was wholly tempting--the thought of outright attacking another when they weren't going to offer any resistance felt wrong--but there was some practicality to it. She would leave that part up to Uzuri.

"I'd love to start weapons training," Phoebe chimed in, reigning in her excitement though it was still clear upon her face. "I don't know what would suit me best, but I'm ready to find out!" She couldn't believe her luck, how quickly and completely everything had turned around, and all because she'd chosen that day to begin doing something to achieve her goal. Just a little effort had made all the difference. To Aeon, she nodded, "That sounds great! I don't think I've been all the way around yet. It would probably do me some good to see it all myself." A nod followed, resolute and certain, and her smile remained, full of energy and optimism and an eagerness to begin. She looked back to Uzuri, ears tipped forward attentively. "When should we meet for the training?" Feeling the question may have been spoken with too impatient a tone, Phoebe hastily added through a chuckle, "Though no rush, of course!"

ooc: @Uzuri @Aeon It does feel like this one might be almost done. I'm cool with any other offshoots this can lead to, weapons training or patrolling or both!

Messages In This Thread
The Next Step - by Phoebe - 05-12-2022, 09:27 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Uzuri - 05-12-2022, 02:40 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Aeon - 05-13-2022, 09:43 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Phoebe - 05-14-2022, 02:22 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Uzuri - 05-16-2022, 10:10 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Aeon - 05-17-2022, 12:05 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 08:37 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Uzuri - 05-17-2022, 09:57 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Aeon - 05-19-2022, 08:14 AM
RE: The Next Step - by Phoebe - 05-20-2022, 11:04 PM
RE: The Next Step - by Uzuri - 05-28-2022, 09:48 PM