Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [EVENT] i can feel it,

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline mono [PM] Posts: 10 — Threads: 1
Signos: 520
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 492 Spring]  |  22 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

“just wrap me in your arms,”

I
t felt different walking through the familiar halls of the Citadel and no longer calling this place home. He had spent months here, growing accustomed to every turn and tucked away room. He knew all the scuff marks or the chips in the stone. He knew the window in the Sovereigns bedroom used to squeak every time it was opened. He used to know so much about this place, but now Bucky couldn’t help but feel something of an outsider as he stepped boldly towards the ever present music playing and beckoning him towards the throngs of patrons.

Retirement had done Liam well, Bucky had observed after the pair had slipped from the public eye to enjoy some of the quieter side of the Dusk Court. They had never left the lands, but had instead found themselves a comfortable adobe not far from the Citadel. In the weeks that had passed since the former Sovereign had stepped down, Bucky had noticed the quiet coming from those who might have once been family. There wasn’t a knock, or an inquiry. Not even a letter slipped under their door — not that he minded. Bucky thrived in the solitude this time had provided him, but he knew the same couldn’t be said for Liam.

So when news of these festivities reached them the older stallion had been the one to offer the suggestion. They could attend the ball together, and perhaps get a glimpse at those familiar faces.

Some hours before the ball was set to begin, Bucky had slipped away and offered to meet Liam there. He knew he wasn’t one for fineries and dressing up — and he certainly wasn’t about to wear a mask — but that didn’t mean he wasn’t going to clean himself up. His mane and tail were properly groomed for once, the ties back strands now brushed out and loose. There was little he could do about the mangled mess of scars on his leg, but he’d managed to adorn himself with just a few golden jewelry in an attempt to shift the attention away from it.

Liam might have already been well acquainted with the old wound, but for tonight Bucky wanted to make sure that it wasn’t such a glaringly obvious thing. His movements were fluid as he weaved his way through the growing crowds, watching as pairs drifted off to occupy the dance floor. For now he would find himself a quiet corner, tucked away like usual and he would wait. Liam would find him — but the search was half the fun.

His gaze scanned some of the masked faces, noting perhaps a few that might have been familiar to him. Most, however, were dressed in some way and none entirely stood out to him.

Humming lowly to himself, Bucky settled his side against the wall as he smiled secretly. If Liam wanted a dance with him, then Liam was going to have to find him. He certainly wasn’t hidden, and unlike the others his face was completely bare. It’s almost as though he was making this easy for his lover.

@Liam
mono | art

Messages In This Thread
[EVENT] i can feel it, - by Buchanan - 05-18-2022, 09:34 PM
RE: [EVENT] i can feel it, - by Liam - 05-18-2022, 11:58 PM
RE: [EVENT] i can feel it, - by Buchanan - 05-19-2022, 09:18 AM
RE: [EVENT] i can feel it, - by Liam - 05-19-2022, 11:35 PM