Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - we run around the rules

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

It would be unfair to say it was a hellhole, I gotta admit. So I suppose "finally out of that hellhole!" would not be an accurate statement. Still, as I come down into the foothills of the Arma Mountains, I can't help but feel a certain wrath coursing through my veins, burning me up from the inside out. Stolen. Maxence STOLE me. All for what - to keep me holed up in the Day Court? But why! There's no purpose, no method to the madness, except to stir up trouble. For a stealth instead of a simple visit is definitely an act of aggression. Not showing up to the fight against Reichenbach? Shameful. My silver eyes burn with rage, lit further by the bright sun above. They had no choice but to release me.

And even that makes me angry! 'Vexed', perhaps. Of course Reich did the right thing by challenging for me, fighting for his warden. But to be unable to defend myself? I feel impotent, weak. A snarl rips through my lips, and I feel at any moment like I might rip a small creature's throat out. Barring that, perhaps I'll just implode. Usually the voice of reason and wisdom, Damaris feels no better. I can feel the barely restrained rage rippling from her, blending with my own between us. They will pay. She speaks as much to herself as to me. She doesn't know the Solterrans, and the betrayal she feels doesn't run quite as deep. But the fact that they made off with both of us, and she was unable to protect me.... I have no doubt that it will be a long, long time before forgiveness will be given, if ever.

We descend farther into the heart of Denocte, our bodies moving with fierce tension. The birds fly away, the rodents scurry, the deer leap. No one wants to stay anywhere near our path, holding safety above curiosity. Wise of them, very wise. It would be a poor decision for anyone to cross us now.

WC: 339
Tag: @Apollo + other?

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Reichenbach

R E I C H 

LIKE ICARUS LOVED THE SUN

Reichenbach waited impatiently at the mountains edge, silver eyes hard and angry as he awaited the return of his stolen Warden. What a situation. First, the Solterran's had been foolish enough to think that they could steal the Warden of their neighbour Court, and then they had shamed themselves and their name by refusing to show up to the fight that would return him. Reichenbach felt a slight tremor run through his shadowy skin, the darkness seeming to grow and lengthen around him as he suppressed that rage, his ears flicked backward as he paced - back and forth, back and forth before the mountain pass. To steal Rostislav... it was near enough to an act of war. Many knew of the closeness between the Sovereign of Night and his beloved Warden, and almost everyone knew that Rostislav had left the harshness of The Day Court for the freedom of Night. 

How Maxence had thought stealing the warden would benefit Solterra was a mystery - and one that Reichenbach would not waste any more time attempting to figure out. His absence from the fight told the King of Thieves enough about the new Solterran Commander and his morals.

The sound of approaching hooves snapped him from his thoughts, silver eyes narrowing and gleaming dangerously. There were not many occasions that had his eyes turning icy, not many that struck the smile from his black lips - but this was one of them. Should some Solterran show up upon the path, not Rostislav, they would soon learn not to play games with Calligo and her children. Yet as the sounds drew closer, clearer, Reichenbach heard the subtle click of Damaris' slick claws upon the stones and relaxed. Ebony lashes lowered as he closed his eyes briefly, opening them again to the sight of a muscular, handsome and very angry Rostislav. 

A grin swept the shadows upon his rugged face back to the mass of wild ebony curls tucked oddly behind his ears. The Night King said nothing, only grinned, thrumming with the return of vibrant, enigmatic energy that surrounded him. Warmth crept into the brightness of his silver gaze.

Rostislav had returned.

@Rostislav yasss bae welcome home

Rostislav

Who else but the King himself could appear in my path? Of course. I can't say WHY it makes sense but it does. Damaris growls at the approaching stallion. (Instinct I would assume, rather an actual malice.) A quick, stern look from me silences her growl, but as I turn my gaze away I can still feel rage oozing from her, her eyes glittering with rage. As my silver gaze dances over the King I note the strange gleam in his eye (a mixture of anger and joy? warmth?), the dark curls behind his ear. How strange a thing for a wild stallion. Energy booms from me, at war with the apparent calm that claims the king.

"Reich. I'm thrilled to see you, believe me. But I'm not exactly... safe to be around." Not calm. Wild, infuriated. Not safe - because with the tang of vehement hate in my mouth I'm not sure I can have a sane conversation with my friend. That I won't lash out just because GODDAMNIT. 'Damaris... go hunt something.' It's rare that I command my companion, and I think for a moment that she might refuse and take out some anger on me. But to my relief, she only replies -- Good idea. -- before disappearing into the darkness.

I take a deep breath and stare hard at Reichenbach. I wonder what all he knows about my capture, my imprisonment -- my release. "I'm pleased at your humiliation of Maxence. I only wish that I were not released by his mercy." The word might very well be poison on my tongue, the way it drips. "I hope you've thought of some sort of revenge. I don't think I'll sleep again until I have it." A snarl, then I drink deeply from my enchanted pouch. If only the damn liquid were vodka, but strong, pungent wine is good enough. I drink until I need to stop for air -- draining the skin, to where it needs a moment to refill. The burn in my throat is satisfying, and for a moment I don't feel like murdering anyone.

WC: 346
Tag: @Reichenbach + @Apollo? + other?

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x