Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - southpaw

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maxence

Battle Type: BATTLE
Prize: XP and bragging rights
Contact Made: Yap 

Character #1: Iliad
Bonded: -
Magic: -
Armor: -
Weapons: -

Character #2: Maxence
Bonded: -
Magic: -
Armor: -
Weapons: a Bullwhip

M A X E N C E
UNEASY LIES THE HEAD THAT WEARS THE CROWN

There was no word for the kind of desolation that Maxence had flown from, or rather the contrast that was presented to him from so far above in the cloud cover. To his back were sandy peaks and a barren sea while ahead lay a quenched ocean of grass and mountain silt - eternal fields blessed by fallen glacial waters from Veneror and the Armas. If luck came naturally to the desert dwellers Maxence might seek to conquer the Bellum Steppe and it's endless greenery for Solterra.
But not today, and not tomorrow. Today he sought sport.

His reasons for flying so high and so far were certainly not to observe the seemingly vacant lands of the country but rather to utilise the battleground's sole function; a place for one and all to bicker and parry. 
This was the very reason Maxence had landed upon the bloodied turf with urgency, brilliance and a stifled grunt. His ears remained slacked backward in the direction of his neck as he straightened his frame, stepping up with his back hooves to meet his close-coupled and well muscled composure, immediately beginning a scouring of the area for a potential opponent through eyes of a different kind of ocean.

The stranger he spotted was quite unlike any he had ever seen before, glittered and gold, though a fighter was a fighter regardless of appearance. If the creature was simply ambling across the steppe he truly ought not to be - all knew that this was a place for battles, sport and spar and was not an area one could simply stroll through unapprehended. Perhaps if this was the case, Maxence ought to teach the gilded twerp a lesson. 

"You wade through the Bellum Steppe, boy!" Maxence bellowed, a stomp of his right hoof resonating across the whispering grasses. "None should enter the Steppe unless they're looking for a bruise."
It was with this warning that the commander once again spread his wings and launched off of the muscles deep within his hind quarters, springing into a lunging canter powered solely by the immense strength of his hind legs. Having closed in on the opponent it was with another leap that the wind caught upon his feathers, lifting each radius until he literally soared in the stag's direction, sharp hooves pointed toward the center of his spine, destined for impact.

Summary: Maxence sees Iliad and hoots at him, them runs towards him and leaps, using his wings to lift him he soars and then tried to land with his front hooves on Iliads back.

Attack Used: 1
Attack(s) Left:
Block Used:
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: ---

Response Deadline: 16th of Oct.
Tags: @Iliad , @kay, @inkbone, AND @Sid

☀︎

Iliad

iliad
And as for fate, I'm sure no man escapes it,
Neither a good nor bad man, once he's born.

For once he travels without his trusty banjo. Iliad feels exposed without the instrument tucked between his wings but trots eagerly along, keeping an even step as he satiates a nagging wanderlust. Novus is a vast land and he feels there is yet still more to see in the vast expanse of the continent. Word of this particular location passed through his ears but he certainly assumed his own wit might get him out of any scuffle that is thrown his way. Iliad is far from competent on the battlefield but his mother had at the very least taught him basic self defense. Many of his sisters had successfully beaten him, but he was bred for mysticism and storytelling not the brutality of war. It is comfortable and easy for him to amble about, nothing but the sound of his own hoofbeats. Quietly he starts humming a tune to himself, some ballad he heard in a distant village. Iliad swings his head and then eventually spots a figure in the distance. At first he thinks nothing of the sight but then the stallion opens his mouth. 

“Listen up Chucklefuck, there are more civil ways to say get off my lawn,” Iliad says with an indignant snort. “And I deny the title of boy as I am presently post-pubescent. I ain’t shooting out blanks.”  He then sees the giant turkey comes literally flying at him. FUUUUUCK! He shrieks internally and gives into the strong instinct of GETTING THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY!

Iliad surges to his left and uses his wings to try and propel himself further forward but can feel hooves press down onto his hind end. There is crushing weight and he nearly stumbles, but strains his muscles to keep his balance. For a moment, he contemplates running and heading straight for the hills, but he is a child of the wind. I’m not a fucking warrior but goddamn I won’t let some overstuffed chickenshit act like he can punch random strangers, he thinks and spreads his wings to take to the air a quiet throb in his hind quarters but doesn’t stop him. 

“Dude I think you really need to take a chill pill or something because you’ve got a bad case of  ‘I’m a bashit crazy jerk’-it is,” he snorts though certainly not his most witty come back, he uses the moment to fly towards Maxence’s left, ducking his horns to dive bomb and scrape those sharpened prongs of his horn against whatever bits of flesh he can reach.  

Summary: Iliad swears a lot and flails like a chicken before flying at Maxence's LEFT trying to scrape his horns against his flesh 

Attack Used: 1
Attack(s) Left:
Block Used: 0 (UPDATE THIS WHENEVER YOU USE A BLOCK)
Block(s) Left: 1 (UPDATE THIS WHENEVER YOU USE A BLOCK)
Item(s) Used: -

Response Deadline: 10/17/17
Tags: @Maxence , @kay, @inkbone, AND @Sid

Image Credits

Maxence

M A X E N C E

It was not unusual for the splashed sovereign to completely half-cock his battle tactics once the fight had begun, and his thought process while attacking the sparkling Delumine had simply been to wing it. Attempting to drown the screeching words of his nemesis was almost pointless as he swivelled upon his nearside hind hoof, sending dirt and debris in the direction of that squawking, glittering bird upon the swift ground-shuddering turn of his body. 
Already the silver man was hooting once again and tracing in the opposite direction of the sovereign, the sweeping brontide of his wings lifting from the earth stealing all the attention of the King's ears. Turning the his squinting eyes toward a sun pierced by Iliad's rising form, Maxence began to brace— there was a power in his hind quarters that was waiting to spring like a tiger upon it's prey and, for the first time in this fateful fight the commander found himself waiting, watching, calculating.

It was as he waited that the next wall of chatter was lanced his way, beginning with Dude and becoming incoherent as the wind child gained in speed. It took less than a second for Maxence to register that the fellow was aiming directly for him and seemingly eyeing off his left side, prongs soon to lower like a stags crown aimed at a rival buck. 

Instead, Maxence simply furrowed his brows and stepped one or two slinking paces to his right and then forward, though he held quite a substantial doubt—No, a hunch, that his rival couldn't actually see him with his head bowed, crown unleashed and at the ready.
The Commander raised his left wing off of his side when the silver flyer came near, and all within a number of seconds Maxence unfurled his broad eagle-like wing in his rivals direction in an attempt to counter his attack with a flick of his wing to put him off balance. 

Summary: Max waits for Iliad to attack and attempts to calculate his moves, and BLOCKS by stepping out of his flightpath and then tries to flick his wing into him as he shoots past to put him off balance.
ALSO PLEASE SEE MY PUN PLEASE NOTICE IT IT WAS INTENTIONAL FOR ONCE

Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used:
Block(s) Left:

Response Deadline: 19th of Oct.

☀︎

Iliad

iliad

Iliad expects something far more climatic to happen. As he charges and anticipates impact, he’s greeted with very little in return. First he is a raging bull and then next he’s steering his flight path, veering his wings to draw him upwards to avoid impact, but it isn’t quite enough because he quickly finds himself meeting his opponent’s wing. Iliad flails and nearly eats dirt before recovering, feeling some muscle tense from the impact with the wing. 

“You really are lacking the commitment to this lesson you’re trying to teach me,”“You know.. My ass isn’t even tingling from this weak beat up session,” he yells down to the other stallion, deciding to pound him with his words. It is then he dive bombs the ground, landing clumsily and skidding a bit, seeking to get behind Maxence, god he could be more elegant. “Your lazy attacks are really disappointing my toddler sister could probably impress me more,” he shouts before he whips around to try and face his opponent. Iliad feigns a charge towards the right but then veers left again.

“Allow me to demonstrate what an attack with some heart looks like!” Iliad shouts as he gallops and then throws out his wing and throws his weight into the blow to really pack an added punch, aiming for along Maxence’s side. God, he is ready to wrap this up and return to his beloved banjo for some chill vibes and strumming. 

Summary: Iliad swears a lot and flails like a chicken before flying at Maxence's LEFT trying to scrape his horns against his flesh 

Attack(s) Left:
Block Used: 0

Response Deadline: 10/21/17

Image Credits

Maxence

M A X E N C E

Was that a smile that slowly clawed its way onto the commander's face? It was.  A dashing crooked smile had found it's way to the boxer, furrowed brows cast into the sky as he smirked in Illiad's shadow. Like a fly he had swatted him from the sky only to watch him fumble, tumble and skid (and of course screech and hoot) in a pile of earth and dust away from the slightly frivolous warrior. He'd lost any care in the world for this spar, and truly he no longer cared who won or lost - it was the silver shadow's tactics that caused Maxence to roll his eyes and question everything he knew about fighting and the Delumine.

"Flower-picker!" Maxence chortled, watching the colt rise from the dust once again and take to his feet; hopefully this one's last attempt at an attack. "You're pretty when you fight" the sovereign laughed, stomping his hoof with character and energy, beckoning and urging the silver beast to charge with all he had. 

The glinting fox seemed to have eluded hi this time, and as the fellow verged right, Maxence had fallen into his trap— and it was not a complex master plan of any sort, but rather the oldest trick in the book. How Commander Maxence had fallen for it was quite beyond him, but as those gilded prongs scraped upon his whither to leave a nasty inch-deep and inch-wide cut upon his back, he knew he would have to up his game for next time. 

No cry left the commanders mouth, not even as his coat turned red, but still his teeth would grit and his eyes grew tight against the beating of pain— the perfect way to end a spar, even if it had been quite ridiculous to him. 
As he began to wade through the grass inthe direction of home, whither too damaged for flight, he recalled what the bard had spoke upon that last fateful attack (the one with 'heart') as he exited the battlefield.

"Heart? Of course. Skill? Not in the slightest"

Summary: Max takes illiads hit and then walks off, he's outie!
ty for the fight minx! good luck in judging :D 

Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used:
Block(s) Left:

Response Deadline: 21st of Oct.

☀︎

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 73 — Threads: 1
Signos: 25,195
Owner Administrator

Extension Applied

On 10/20/17, @Minx posted their hiatus with an unknown end date.
This battle's deadline has been extended for a max of 2 weeks or until Minx returns; whichever comes first.

Once the absence is over, Minx has three full days from the absence's end date to post Iliad's battle reply. 
If no reply is posted by then, or by 11:59PM 11/04, the immunity period will end and the battle defaults to @Maxence.

@Maxence, your two week cooldown period began on 10/25/17.

the novus crew

the someday crew

Iliad

iliad

“You make it sound bad that I like picking flowers,” Iliad says, “I think you’ve just got a small dick and a severe case of fragile masculinity.” He huffs and grows all the more grateful for his own upbringing, women guiding him from the path of such heinous pettiness. So what if he enjoyed the occasional flower crown?

Once his tines fine their point, he revels in that brief revelry and rides off the high of his individual victory, a single conquest if anything, though the fight itself has been truly lackluster. He takes flight and watches the stallion. “All you taught me was how to make me snooze during a spar!” He taunts and then decides to search for his treasured banjo, ready to simply lick his wounds and enjoy a jam session.

Summary:Iliad sashays away

Attack(s) Left:
Block Used: 0

Response Deadline: 10/21/17

Image Credits

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 73 — Threads: 1
Signos: 25,195
Owner Administrator

Congratulations!

Maxence has left Novus, subsequently defaulting the fight. @Iliad wins! 
This thread will be locked and moved to the Ruris Archives shortly!

All damage taken in the thread is still applicable and cannot be retconned.
Please be aware this thread CAN be claimed as a "completed thread" for signos redemption.

Iliad     
    Participate in a Battle or Challenge: +1 EXP
    Win a Battle: +1 additional EXP
    TOTAL: +2 EXP

Iliad's official experience has been updated to reflect these changes (along with the +25 signos for winning the battle), so there's no need to post in the Experience Updates or Signos Redemption threads!

the novus crew

the someday crew