Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - to dream

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lyra

A soft breeze ruffles the gilded leaves of the trees. The breeze caresses the thin fur of the dainty mare, she instantly shivers against the cool breeze. She closes her silver eyes, she already missed the summer, the burning heat and the flourishing plants. She breathes in deeply her thin nostrils flare in distaste. Damn these pine needles, this fresh mountain air. She craves the heat she wants to feel its burn on her shoulders. She lifts her delicate head higher on her arched nape. She could not see behind the clouds but she felt the sun's rays on her face regardless.

She ventures farther down the beaten path left by many of her court, her hooves the only sound that reaches her ears. An occasional snap of a branch halts her in her tracks. Her head instantly thrown upwards ears flick to and fro. With a huff, content she wasn't being followed she continued on her trek to the lake.

She cautiously steps towards the water as she can smell it in the air, she carefully places each foot insuring not to draw too much attention to herself. As she steps from the forest the sunlight filters through the tops of the trees. It reflects off of her midnight blue hued body. Tilting her head up, she grew deep in thought..thinking about stories she had heard. Of the three magical sisters and how they granted wishes if you completed a quest for them. She sometimes wondered if there was some truth to the bed time stories she had grown up with. Lyra shook her head a little and peered into the water, captivated by the clear depths and the fish that lived there.

"Talk."

image | coding

@Reichenbach <3

Reichenbach

REICHENBACH
it's dark, there's no need for lights
when the fire in his eyes burns so bright

The lake was crisp and clear beneath the autumn sky, a mirror reflecting Calligo's sky — albeit without her usual smattering of shadows and stars. They were in Solis' realm now, standing beneath his outstretched palms as his sunlight warmed their backs. Reichenbach, in truth, had no season he favoured over the others. While summer might have initially been his eager answer, retrospect had provided him with a taste for each different season and it's charms. In Fall, he found beauty within the frosty mornings and chill breeze — a welcome relief for a man that burned like wildfire.

He followed Lyra carefully, his hooves almost silent upon the leaf littered earth though at one point the raven haired girl turned back suspiciously. 

Lyra.

The Night King watched her through his quartz eyes, noting the sigh of her soft skin against her starry locks, the easy way with which she moved — like gliding over ice, not stepping upon leaf litter like the rest of them. She was a silent Calligo, a gentle one, like and yet unlike the rest of Denocte's courtiers. Where they carolled and shrieked with joy around the bonfires he had seen Lyra standing aside, watching through cool, calm eyes. She was exactly what was needed to balance the hot-headed irrationality of a Court founded with wildness and temper. She peered at the lake, a vision of cool beauty, and he could not help but to admire the depth of her cerulean skin or the silkiness of her night-black hair. 

"I've seen you here often, Lyra."

A statement, not a question as he stepped from the shadows. It would be the first time he had spoken to his Champion of Community — this was not simply an idle meeting by any Denoctian lake. 

"There's legends that say Vitreus' waters provide clarity and truth — is that what you are seeking?"

@Lyra !! yay omg how has it taken this long for them to have a thread together?? haha

space

Lyra

Lyra hadn't expected to be followed much less by her own king. No she was completely unaware of Reichenbach's presence as she overlooked the water, the lake was a place she spent much of her time when she needed some peace. A place to think when everywhere else was just a bit too loud and crowded for her. So it was a surprise nonetheless when she heard that familiar voice reaching her ears, pulling her away from the clear depths of the lake. Silver eyes looked towards similar ones in slight surprise, she had yet to really have a conversation with him ever since he announced her as Champion of Community.

"I suppose in a way..yes. I like to come here because it's peaceful..it's quiet and the perfect place to think." Lyra replied softly to him with a small smile appearing on her lips. Despite being slightly nervous to be talking with the King of Denocte, Lyra was also glad for this conversation. Perhaps she'd have a better chance of understanding why he had picked her over all others in his court. "And what of you, my king? Are you here to seek clarity and truth?" She let her head tilt slightly to the side, merely curious of his intentions as to why he was here.

"Talk."

image | coding

@Reichenbach sorry this is so short! But I'm so excited to thread these two omg!

Reichenbach

REICHENBACH

Her voice was as lovely as the rest of her, a gentle thing that gave away no secrets, quiet but strong. He admired her for it, could see the slow burning strength hidden underneath her satin skin and feel the calm radiating off of her in waves. Where he was a starburst, she was the slow shift of night claiming the day. Reichenbach followed the tilt of Lyra's delicate head and copied the movement, his coal curls sliding smoothly over taut mahogany skin. His lips quirked as he considered her question, quartz eyes shifting to the surface of the lake as if the answer lay underneath it's glassy depths. 

Maybe he was here to garner what truths lay hidden from him, to clear and calm the torrent that was his raging thoughts and emotions. He looked back to Lyra, solemnity lining his long lashed eyes. 

"Truths are dangerous things in my experience."

Not necessarily an answer, but perhaps an insight into the Kings complicated past. Being around her was soothing, almost as if she was an amplifier to the calmness of the lake. It was easy to speak to her, to confess, to trust her. Perhaps Lyra was more of a weapon than even she had thought. 

Reich tore his gaze from her own, turning his head and glancing at the long limbed trees around them before providing an easy smile;

"Word on the street is you're uncertain about my choice to promote you... is there a reason you should not be one of our Champions?"

His voice slid through the air, baritone and musical but not unkind. Perhaps it was that Lyra had yet to see her worth, the strength in her own bones and the quickness of her own mind - though most of all, she had yet to see value in her kindness. She would listen to the community, she would care enough to bring the concerns of the people to his door - and she would never let Denocte down, not this girl made of midnight and stars. 

@Lyra sorry for the wait <3

space

Lyra

Lyra listened to him as he finally spoke up about truths being dangerous. She supposed they could be in a way depending on what the truth was and how it could be used. Still sometimes having that knowledge could be useful especially for someone like her, she had many doubts and she hated uncertainties. The 'unknown' scared her more than knowing the truth. Still she kept her calm silver gaze upon her king, even while he looked around at the surrounding trees and the lake itself.

His next question had her brought back from her inner thoughts, a slow blink here and there until she focused back on his face. "Please don't take my uncertainties as though I'm not honored to have this opportunity. Denocte is more of a home than the place of my birth and I will always do my best. It's just..we've barely spoken until now and you chose me as one of your champions." She took a moment to pause and catch her breath, "I'm just curious why you chose someone you barely know?" There she had said it, her fear of why she was chosen when Reich had hardly spoken to her before. She was honored of course! But she was also a bit confused.

"Talk."

image | coding

@Reichenbach sorry for the wait omg

Reichenbach

REICHENBACH

His smile was small and warm, silver eyes still and bright upon Lyra's lapis lazuli skin. 

"But I do know you, Lyra."

The baritone of his musical voice lingered as it swept over the lake and tucked into the surrounding trees, mesmerising and lovely. He cocked his head a little and amended;

"Well, I'd like to think I know you enough to know whether you would help or hinder this Court. Perhaps we've not met before now — but that does not mean I do not know you care to listen to those that otherwise would not get heard, it does not mean I don't notice how closely you observe the world and how good you are at keeping it's secrets."

Reichenbach paused, weighing the possible outcomes of his next words, the revelation that could go one of two ways.

"I know that you came to our city running from the burden of family and war, that you came to live a life you could be proud of — one that doesn't involve brute strength and fighting."

Nobody entered Calligo's realm without Reichenbach knowing about it, and it had been that way ever since he had become King Crow. His little birds knew all, and in turn, so did he. 

"So, Lyra... It is your choice to take the mantle, if you so wish it. As Champion, you can help those that do not have their own voice.. But"

He paused, looking back toward the Keep before turning his long lashed eyes back to her.

"..You can pass on the title, if that will ease your mind. It is yours to accept or deny — Camdis Lohir will be calling a meeting for the Court within the next few nights, you have until then to make your choice."

@Lyra xx

space

Lyra

The more she listened to him the more relaxed she seemed to get around him. Normally she wasn't very comfortable around those of the opposite sex but she knew the Crow King was a good king for his people. How did she know? This conversation for one. He was giving her a choice, a chance to deny the title he had given her or to accept the duties he believed she could do.

Perhaps it was that reasoning that had her feel a little more confident. "I don't need that time to decide. I will be your Champion..and Champion for your people." It was a short reply but she meant every word as she looked to her King. If he had confidence in her ability to listen and be the voice of his people..then she would be that voice. Lyra liked to believe she was good at listening and making others feel like they were heard whatever their concerns might be.

"Thank you for your confidence in me, my lord. I..will do my best."

"Talk."

image | coding

@Reichenbach

Reichenbach

REICHENBACH

"I don't need that time to decide. I will be your Champion..and Champion for your people."

Reichenbach smiled, genuine pleasure on his face at the acceptance of her title. She had been the right choice, but perhaps would need direction to truly find her place amongst the community. He glanced outward at the vast lake, still and mirror-like, it's depths unknown but for the creatures that lived within it. His gaze slipped back to the star studded woman before him before saying;

"It gladdens me to hear so — your best is all I ask. Remember those that depend on you for a voice — I suggest you seek out a council of four to bring the issues of Denocte from the shadows to the forefront, they will be your sounding council, a group to represent the people and their needs."

The Night King paused, silver gaze seeking out the city as if he could see the four unknown members. A council would work in Lyra's favour — a sounding board for any suggestions of improvement. 

"Find four that you find suitable and bring them to me, then we shall begin to discuss what our people need."

He flashed another grin, tossing his ebony curls with a tinkle of golden coins before dipping his head in farewell, melting away into the shadows as he made his way back to the starry city.

@Lyra sorry this is short!! 

space