Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - LONELY LIKE ADAM, EVIL LIKE EVE -

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline REDANDBLACK [PM] Posts: 302 — Threads: 37
Signos: 135
Inactive Character

BEXLEY BRIAR

In the dark and purple corners of the citadel, lit only enough to shroud the girls’ outline in gentle silver, Bexley begins to feel whole again.

It is a strange, subtle thing - a warmth in her chest, stirred by the sound of Florentine’s chiming laughter; a smile that creeps over her face and is, for once, unbidden; a swell of something bright and sunny and good that crawls through her veins and lights the blue in her eyes. It is the vivacity she has been so desperately missing, come back to find her like a messenger bird finds its target.

Florentine is gold and starlight, washed in cool white light from the dusty windows overhead. She is beautiful and young as ever, as immortally gorgeous as the day they met, and as much as Bexley might be jealous of it, the gaze that settles upon the Dusk queen is nothing but warmth and gratitude for the friend that has helped her since her first days in Novus. I missed you, she says, and brushes her lips against Florentine’s cheek. No matter how much you say you've changed. But I should go -

Her voice wavers a little, unconvincing. Nothing would be easier than to stay here. Nothing would be more facile, more healing, than to curl inward, away from the world, and shelter herself under Florentine’s wings or the stained-glass mosaic of the Terrastellan capitol.

But there is work to be done. Miles away, the Day Court waits, a third of its weight laid across her shoulders now, still blood-splattered and smoldering.

Thank you, Bexley says again. Come visit.

A grin blossoms over her face, and with a gaze that might be fervent with new energy or just affectionately warm, she blinks Florentine a goodbye and turns back toward Solterra.

@Florentine <3  

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

i'm a pretty flower girl
check out my pretty flower curls

Her eyes close as golden lips brush against her cheek. A warmth spreads through her chest and it tightens a heart she has not felt in too, too long. Newly found again, it does not twinge, nor ache as it had grown accustomed too. No, at last it is painfree, not even the ache of stitches live on like ghosts in the sinew of her shredded heart. Bexley’s love was there before Reichenbach, preceeded only by the love of family and friends.

The scent of sun and sand is close, close. It is one she remembers, she knows the taste of that golden skin, coarse with dust and heat. Their hurt is a river long run dry, their hearts are no longer aching because of each other. No, this love they have is simple and untainted. It is new and old and oh so comfortable. Into its warmth the dusk girl slips and her laugh is light as bells. “Then go Bexley Briar!”

But seriousness sharpens her lips and darkens her brow of milk and honey. “But do not leave it so long next time, for I miss you too.” With a shrug, a flare of golden wings Florentine warns at the last, “Be careful of boys, my friend, they are worse than girls.”

The Dusk girl watches her friend leave and wonders of the warmth in her heart, the old love she did not know before. Ah it is borne of the love of a sister, the love of a friend. Florentine smiles then, at ease to let her heart love.

@Bexley Thank you, this thread has made me happy for them <3 <3

florentine
rocking your pretty flower world

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »