Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Sing me to sleep

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Nimue

The stars seemed to whisper to her on this night; the air bitterly cold and yet sweet in her lungs. Nimue was either brave or incredibly stupid -- braving the unstable rocky stairs up the summit of Veneror not once, but twice in recent nights. She had half a thought to turn around, but that was not the way she liked to do things. The mare was determined and stubborn almost to a fault. Her hooves beat the natural stone stairs upward in soft, surefooted clicks. With her good eye, she saw her way forward, careful not to slip on the unsteady path. Nimue laughed internally to herself -- surely enough, if her visits to the Peak became a habit, if she were truly blind in both eyes, the mare could still find her way up the mountain.

But tonight was not one for lighthearted jokes. The mare had only returned for one purpose, and one that she had never lowered herself to do before. Before she was mortal, before she was a she even -- Nimue recalled watching over many worlds and timelines across the continuum of space and time. Past, present, future.. they existed altogether and not at all. If she closed her eyes, and tried her hardest, even then, she could not See like she once had before. When she was immortal, she was every living, breathing thing and something separate at the same time. Oh, how she yearned for it once more. Being mortal had it's consequences, and she was determined to be over paying her due debts. She would not beg the gods, but maybe... negotiate, if they deign to heed her words at all.

As she travelled higher still, the air thinning as she ascended, Nimue recalled the first four years of her mortal life in the Old World. She had once called a place called the Winter Court "home," or as much a home as she could, as she had never had one before. With her knowledge of other worlds and different existing places, Nimue was aware that there were many gods. She had never prayed to them, or spoke to them. When she was timeless, she was simply made of space and stars -- stories had once called her a god. Growing up as a youngling in Winter, she was taught that the goddess Glacies was her deity. However, the feeling had never sat well with her when the crones of her herd told her she should be thankful. Now, in the New World, coincidently there were even newborn gods. In her home in Dawn, her deity was the god Oriens, although she had never spoken to him in prayer before.

Even now, she was still respectful. How could she not be? She wouldn't lie to herself if she wasn't also angry. At the gods, the universe... she did not know who had decided to punish her for her acts. How could one not eventually get too attached to a timeline? To someone living? She asked herself this everyday since she was "born" in this physical world. The mare shook her head, her forelock falling out of her eyes. No, she did not know. But like always, Nimue pined for knowledge and answers with an insatiable thirst.

She had reached the peak's highest point now. The mare stopped, eyes to the stars. She could almost touch them, they were so clear as they glimmered across the inky night sky. Here, she felt closest to how she had existed before. Taking a deep breath, she turned, walking with careful steps to the clearing. She could not deny it was beautiful -- stone carved perfectly out of the mountain's summit, columns of smooth rock spiraling to the ceiling of the aclove. Thick moss and ivy wove around the stone, impossible to think about how the flora could thrive on a cold peak. Stopping at it's center, Nimue marveled at the cathedral of the gods. She swore the air vibrated differently here, unlike anything she had ever felt while living in a mortal, living tomb.

Unsure of herself, but purposefully, the rosy mare kneeled with one slender leg bent underneath her. Her single horn nearly kissed the ground, hovering just a centimeter over the stone floor. She would not beg. Negotiate. Ask, for if you don't ask, you will not receive answers. "I wish to feel the presence of the gods, old and new and wise. Let it be known of my intentions and graces, my thirst for knowledge and understanding. I am yours."

---

OOC: This post is taking place on a completely separate night on the Peak than Nim's activities in Off the garden path. The events in this thread take place after the other thread! This one is open to anyone, however be advised: Nimue is mentally/emotionally vulnerable as this is a worship thread. Thanks for reading c:

This thread was inspired by this song.

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Nimue

Once upon a time, when it was the femme's sole duty to watch over the makings and comings of all worlds, she was familiar with the faces of the gods. But now, she still kneeled. Only the stars winked back at her in answer. Her old life felt like a fairy tale told to children; oh, to be blessed with all the universe's knowledge at your fingertips. To witness miracles and tragedy. She had known of Glacies, had seen her face before she was mortal. Even Tempus, the god of time of her current realm. Even his children. Oriens, especially, the god of dawn. Now, as she shifted her muscles to stand, Nimue realized her memory might have betrayed her. 

She shook out her muscles, ignoring the slight embarrassment of her own theatrics. Nimue huffed through her nostrils, chilled air billowing upwards towards the vaulted stone ceiling. The amethyst gem at her throat pulsed with a warm vibrance, casting a violet glow off of her and the rocky walls. All around her, she heard nothing. Even the mountain seemed to be sleeping; the wind stilled to not even a whisper. Silence. "Have it your way," she spoke to no one, to all of them, whomever deigned to listen. "I will find my magic myself, but I'll be back." She promised the stars, the mountain, and to herself. Determination boiled hotly in her veins, as she trotted down the trail from which she came. Back to the meadows, to the court of the rising sun. And when she returned, the witch child will come to bargain.

-- FIN --

---

OOC: Ended this early for moody Nim plot device, since the gods aren't currently answering anyone! Muwahahahaha *wiggles fingers*

This thread was inspired by this song.