Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - love like religion

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aethelind

Aethelind
stay wild, moon child

Pale lids pulled away from shockingly blue eyes as a yawn tore forth from between my ivories. Rose gold tinted wings stretched outwards, popping and cracking as they extended to their full span, the yawn turning into a smile that twisted my delicate features. The sun's rays peeked through the leaves, turning my rosy pelt into a masterpiece of green and gold dapples as the light glittered through the tree's full branches.

Napping, I had decided, seemed to be the best way to pass the time until the Night Court decided to set us free by unlocking their gates once more. There was much to do outside of our little realm, I still had so much to learn before I could even think of becoming the head healer for the Rahilah...being the apprentice was just enough for me. I didn't feel as if I had enough experience or the knowledge to be able to confidently take over. But I had to trust, and trust I did, that the Crone knew what she was doing when she stepped forward and chose me to be the successor in a great line of fine mares who had held the position before me.

Dainty ears flicked back and forth, listening as the irritable creatures of the Night Court moved through the court yard of our home. It seemed everyone was getting a small case of the cabin fever, even though the gates hadn't been locked overly long...I think. But there wasn't anything we could do but wait and hope that sooner rather than later they'd open the gates and we'd be free once again to roam. A sigh slid between rosy lips while lids grew heavy once again, my irritable exploring of the court would come later, much later once the bright sun had set and the moon I so worshipped was out again. Filling the world with her gentle embrace.

Rather than partake in the dismal attitude of those awake now, or finding one of my sisters to annoying with my "bright" personality, I allowed my lids to grow heavy once again. Wings tucked back in close to my sides and my nose found it's resting place in the warm opening between my wing and my body.

"speech"

@Toulouse && all are welcome || sorry e.e it's kind of shit, I am trying to figure her out and I am exhausted after work xD BUT I promise it'll get better as the thread goes

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 243 — Threads: 27
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

M O I R A
she looks into her mirror,
wishing someone could hear her, so loud

Sunlight filters through trees like rain on her skin, dappling greens and yellows in places they'd never been before. And under great branches and dancing leaves, the phoenix meanders half awake, half asleep. Even in such a state, amber eyes seem sharp, upon the ground in search for supplies. Shelves don't stock themselves, she thinks with a yawn, and so Moira Tonnerre finds herself out among the edges of Denocte where shrubs and mushrooms grow.

Light steps carry her forward, for it is not as though the sparrow-boned woman weighs enough to do much (if any) lasting harm to that which she treads upon.

When the phoenix woman set out this morning, she did not expect to find others. A peaceful day away from the market stalls she was slowly creeping into more and more, a quiet repose from the hustle and bustle of the city that held the infirmary and the library and the rooms full of supplies that Moira endlessly organizes so things were tidy and accessible. Clutter is not her forte, a messy space leads to a messy mind, and she would be useless if that were to happen. So alas, when amber eyes land upon a nose in a mass of pale feathers upon the ground, Moira Tonnerre nearly screams.

But any Tonnerre worth their weight would not utter a cry of devastation lest it were a part of their job. This, she knows, most definitely is not a part of the description of 'healer'. While the wings were rather awful, she's seen enough to withhold the shudder that longs to ripple down her spine like a cat unfurling its claws. Instead, worry gnaws at the corners of her consciousness. Why was this woman? man? person out among the foliage and forests alone, and lying on the ground? Brows furrow, a small crease dropping down around the edges of her lips, and a soft puff of breath the only show of her displeasure. Don't they know the world is a dangerous place? Over and over her family told her so - 'You mustn't stray too far Moira, we keep you within the walls to keep you safe. Our family will protect one another, and that includes you my little firefly.' From the very beginning it has been drilled into her head that she should be awake and aware whenever she leaves her home.

Unsure whether to wake Aethelind, but unwilling to leave her defenseless, Moira opts on waiting. Settling down near enough that she could brush Athel's side with her own if she reaches out just so, the woman rolls her eyes at last and lowers her head.

Boredom comes quickly, daydreams kept at bay with her nerves on edge and wings everywhere. And from that boredom Moira begins to sing. A soft humming at first, the gentle waves of the sea lapping at your skin, the first flickering lights of fireflies in the field coming into being. Her voice is soft, but the gentle vibrato and easy crescendos show she is trained for all occasions and manners of artistry. "Lavender blue dilly dilly, lavender green. When you are king, dilly dilly, I shall be queen." And so she continues the melody, an ever watchful guardian over this unknown person until they are aware enough to be on their own once more in the wilds of Denocte.

@Aethelind sorry this took so long ;o;

space

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aethelind

Sleep came much easier than I was excepting, the surreal dream world wrapped around me like a soft downy blanket on a winter day. The dreams had just started moving past my eyes like a motion picture show when a voice, not entirely unfamiliar, but one I couldn't put a face or a name to intruded. It crept through my dreams, weaving in with the gentle breeze and the smell of cherry blossoms as if it belonged there, as if it had been there the whole time. "Lavender blue dilly dilly, lavender green. When you are king, dilly dilly, I shall be queen."

Ears twitched ever so slightly while pale lids pulled away from their pearly orbs, but I didn't move other than that. Not wanting to scare off the other who found the dappled shade of the branches as comforting as I did mid-day. Baby blues focused on the rose gold feathers that lined my wings, tucked in close to my slender bodice. Her lyrics faded into the songs of the birds and the breeze, only then did I move from the curled position I had been napping in.

A smile lit across my delicate features as I looked at the mare painted in fire and cream, "You have a beautiful voice." My birdsong-like voice drifted out from between rosy lips as the smile continued to put a light into pale eyes. "Please, don't stop on my behalf...I'd love to hear the rest of the song!"

"Speaking."

@Moira | i am so so so sorry i took so long & it's so crappy e.e it'll get better as we go i promise, i'm just on the struggle bus today | coding by Kat & image by are-we-dancers

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 243 — Threads: 27
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

M O I R A
she looks into her mirror,
wishing someone could hear her, so loud

Song halts as abruptly as it had begun when movement once more ensues. Breath, no longer a steady drum to which Moira could guide the song, has increased just as the heartbeat within Aethelind's breast has done. Amber eyes shift cautiously to pale wings of cream and moonlight. Mercifully, they remain still. Only The woman's head lifts, bright blue eyes meeting the phoenix' prudent stare.

Honestly, she would have gotten up there and then and left.

But there is such a light, such a yearning in those eyes that holds Moira rooted to the ground. Winds rush past them, pulling locks of silver and ivory until they intermingle. Blooming flowers from trees above float down, gently landing on the two until they are speckled with pink smudges. Really, it is beautiful... Everything about it is so lovely. All save for those damnable wings.

For a moment, the Tonnerre child has no voice, cannot muster anything to say at all. She was not told as a girl that her voice was pretty, only that she should work endlessly to master it. The compliment falls into a cauldron of emotion that swirls and writhes with this new tidbit, this thing that makes her blush and lashes fall. It is a shyness that overcomes her, timid as a mouse as she smiles so gently and peeks through those dark lashes, through a veil of hair that fell down from her braids. "Thank you," and the reply is not ash as she felt after the gates closed, after she remembered Caine and her confessions, after she laughed with Asterion and Seraphina and Bexley under the stars. Joy bursts, bright as the sun above the, singing in her veins.

With an awkward silence upon them, she clears her throat and shifts further away. Moira does not meet the expectant eyes of Aethelind, instead she looks to the trees above. "Don't move your...your wings please. I'll continue." This, this small request is almost a whisper, almost a plea - stuck somewhere between the worlds of wanting and needing the stillness to continue. Should it shatter, like a crystal chandelier falling to the ground, shards grazing every drop of her reality's skin until it is a bloody tapestry, she knows she will run. With only blind faith and hope, Moira begins once more.
"Who told you so, dilly dilly,
Who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly dilly,
That told me so

Call up your friends, dilly, dilly
Set them to work
Some to the plough, dilly dilly,
Some to the fork

Some to the hay, dilly dilly,
Some to thresh corn
Whilst you and I, dilly dilly,
Keep ourselves warm

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly,
Lavender's green
When you are king, dilly dilly,
I shall be queen
"

Lilting, throaty, she ends the song and smiles. It is a melody her mother once sang, over and over, whilst Moira fell asleep. It is a balm on open wounds that bleed and fester, a cool bath when the day's been too warm, but mostly it is peace.

@Aethelind <3 ;u; no worries whatsoever ! Have an awkward nostalgic Mo <3 ily and i adore Aethel, Semp !

space