Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - open your mind

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Quinn

QUINN - son of Entia and Naveen
And life was like a comet falling from the sky

In a new world of gods and demons, in a place he was not familiar with, the boy set out and so found the world he had been called into. The Dusk Court gleamed upon the edge of the world, and he had followed it for such a long time. There was nothing he knew but a whisper and a few words, and that was all he had going for him to draw him here.

He didn’t know anything else about this world. There was so much to learn! Quinn wondered for a moment if he’d even be able to concentrate for long enough to be able to pick it up. He doubted it; he had never enjoyed the thought of schooling and learning.

And alongside it he didn’t have any sort of… spiritual attachments. He didn’t understand religious matters nor the idea of giving one’s soul and self to a god – he questioned was a god was every time he thought of the idea, and even now.

Creeping into his mind his sister appeared once more, and Quinn hoped she was safe and he’d see her again soon. He already missed her – he hadn’t been apart from her since they had born been birthed into the world by Naveen.

In the fringes of the dominion of the Court, Quinn hesitates. He was a youngster, he was still learning about everything here. Who was he to come here when he had no idea what the hell he even wanted to do in this world? He snorted and dropped the foreleg he’d been holding up. His green eyes surveyed the world around him, clear and open.

So many scents here.

Was this even the way he was supposed to be going? If he wasn’t feeling so awkward and out of place, he’d have laughed at himself for being such an idiot.

HTML by Dingo - Image from Raygun Graphics

Umbra

Muscular navy limbs carried a frame bound by a slight twinkling hide. The dappled sunlight finding itself through the limbs of trees sent a wave of sparkles across my skin. Shimmering even within the light that had been offered. Though I was quite unsure where I was going, instead just wandering through the open lands that laid themselves out for me. Slightly pink fleshy colored nostrils widened taking in a breath of the air finding many scents, but one in particular stuck out to me. One I had met only days before a rather upbeat creature they had been. Friendly to an extent, but I wondered what brought him to these lands too.

I wandered further into the confines of the dusk court, unknowing where I really was. I hadn’t met many across these lands as of yet that would willingly point directions. Instead I relied on my ability to wander, searching and figuring out just where I was. I could feel a slight breeze hinting at the known scent, my own navy locks took to the air twisting in the breeze the bits of ivory dancing with the blue hues. I took a moment to pause in my step turning a lobe one direction, then the other. Allowing my golden gaze to take in the surroundings before I kept moving in the direction of Quinn’s scent.

It wasn’t too long, thankfully, before Quinn’s earthy hues came into view just beyond the tree line. I kept my pace at a leisurely stroll the brighter cerulean hooves digging into the soil below my weight, loud enough he could hear me coming unless of course he was too lost in thought. As I approached, though, I reached out my velvety nares and gave a touch to his hip. “Our paths cross once again it seems.” I mused lightly the corners of my fleshy colored kissers turned upward slightly in a sort of half-grin.

"speech"

UMBRA
the bombshell
@Quinn | ooc; hopefully this isn't too terrible | image by huniidu@dA

Quinn

QUINN - son of Entia and Naveen
And life was like a comet falling from the sky

The feeling of being new and not being a baby with everything to learn was still something that was so undeniably strange to him, he was still becoming adjusted to it all. At least now he knew names, and he was back to pondering his own life and his own part to play in all of what was beheld before. At least it was easier to ruminate on the thoughts of life, all on his own. The lad though found himself shortly in company, and his gaze turned towards the figure who had approached him in the realm of the Court.

He grinned.

“Can’t seem to avoid each other, can we now?” he says. “Maybe its fate,” he waggles the brow above his eyes as he tilts his head towards her and his eyes shine with a bright, alert life.

“Umbra, wasn’t it?” He inquires. He squared off his forelegs. At least, for now, he wasn’t alone. It was always good to be in company.

HTML by Dingo - Image from Raygun Graphics

@Umbra I'm so sorry this is so shite :|