Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - what even

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Quinn

QUINN - son of Entia and Naveen
And life was like a comet falling from the sky

Rumour had been heard during his wandering. He decided right then he wanted to see it for himself, and so he had crossed the earth and found himself venturing to the Summit of the peak, and way too curious about what was happening. With barely an understanding of the mechanics of this world he was in, Quinn wondered if coming here was a bad idea.

Damn the idea, he thought, and he went anyway. So that is how he wound up here, looking at the trees that appeared to be somewhat out of place here, and were not natural like the others that had grown on the slopes of the mountain. There was an entrance way too, but Quinn found it was impassable.

So he stood by the edge of the trees and looked up at them, drawing his green eyes over every little detail and finding himself even more curious and confused than he had been before he had come here.

Perhaps it was not as good an idea as he had thought it was, he thought to himself. No, where was the fun in ignoring the desire to learn and see just what it had been those two had been gossiping over? Boring, he knew, and so it was here he was, staring at a tree like it might get up and start dancing or something.

Wishful thinking.

Though that would be a sight, he thinks with a grin.

Open to any & @

HTML by Dingo - Image from Raygun Graphics

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 50 — Threads: 5
Signos: 330
Inactive Character

I've gone a million miles
With the same crooked smile

“Are you expecting a show?”

The crisp, morning mountain air causes his breath to come in smoky curls as they escape the smirk coiled across his lips. He had approached from behind and came to stand a comfortable distance away, looking on with blatant amusement at the darkly coated roan.

He had ascended the Summit in search of the fabled, so-called ‘blue blooms’ that Turhan had spoken of, yet so far, the poison master had failed in his quest for the mountain dwelling flower. But, oh, Turhan’s request by far had been the least of his concerns and reason for climbing the Summit in the first place. He had been present when that goose had landed in Terrastella’s courtyard, speaking in an otherworldly voice to dear Florentine that she and her Regime would come. A curious event it had been indeed, and so Atreus had accompanied a number of the Dusk court to the height of Veneror Peak – his Ilati brethren included – to learn what he could.

After a moment, the man strode closer, his saunter wolven in manner, eyes of black and molten gold narrowed as he inspected him with scrutiny. Atreus did not know him, but he swore he had captured a glimpse of him recently in in the borders of Terrastella. Did he, too, hail from there? Had he just arrived? It was difficult to say, given the period of his absence.

”I’ve seen you before,” he stated as he came to a halt, but where many might have left a respectable barrier of distance between them, Atreus cared not for the comfort of another’s personal space. He continued, quirking a brow as the corners of his lips coiled tighter. ”Back in Terrastella. Are you from there?”

And I always give you all you need
But I can see that you're dancing with the devil

@Quinn Enjoy my creep

be careful with that one, love, he will do what it takes to survive

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Quinn

There was a voice. One ear twisted backwards, and green eyes turned as well. Amusement brought the smile from his mind to his lips and Quinn gave the stranger a grin that rivalled that of his fathers, being just as impish.

Not knowing a thing about this darn world did put him at a significant disadvantage, so he looked back to the trees with a faux thoughtful expression.

“I am. Think they’d put on a good one? I think they’d be exotic dancers,” he speaks, still giving that stupid grin as he looked back to his company. Quinn now turned on the spot so he could face the stranger, though he wasn’t entirely known to him – he had glimpsed the figure back in that Court he had ventured into and learned at least a little of what this world would hold in store for him.

It was the boy who spoke it though, and Quinn just gave a lopsided smile.

“Is that its name?” he says, realising he had already forgotten it. Now, some names he could easily remember, but honestly keeping them all in his head had always proven to be somewhat of a hard thing to expect from him.

”I guess I am then. I’m Quinn,” he introduces himself. “And I don’t know exactly what is happening here… any chance of being filled in a little?” He asks, curious as ever. Hopeful too.

Being on the edge of knowing like this tended to be awkward.

Pity that was pretty much his permanent state.

@Atreus <3 he is awesome (but my mind always says BOY)

Inactive Character

His answer is… not one of the many he anticipated. Though perplexed, Atreus looks on at the younger stallion with great amusement and keen interest. Even that eye of perilous black seems to shine with mirth, but despite it all, no laughter escapes him. “Exotic as a tree could be, anyway,” he stated with a thoughtful hum, and then, his grin tugged just a bit wider. “I hear they’re all stiffs, anyway. Best not get your hopes up.”

Abandoning the topic and instead lending his focus to that of Terrastella, the half-blood furrowed his brow as he listened. He didn’t know the land by name, yet claimed it to be his home? “Either you’re from there or you aren’t,” his remark came, devilish eyes sweeping over the other roan in an attempt to read him, “Which is it?” Typically, it was so very easy for the potion master to read those around him – he could pick up on their quirks, their motives, their thoughts – but it didn’t come so easily this time around, not with this one. He would take more time.

“Atreus.” The name rolled off his tongue clean and simple, accented by the polish of his voice. Another breath and Atreus continued, heaving a whimsical sigh as he glanced back the way which he had come. “I regret to inform that I’m just as clueless as you, my dear. I recall a messenger just a few days ago in Terrastella, passing along a note to our dearest Sovereign.”

”You will come,” it had said in a voice belonging to thousands, touched by divinity. It was the reason he had even come here in the first place, to dig in and see what was happening, or what was going to happen.

“… I wasn’t given the opportunity to see what it contained, however. That’s why I’ve come here today.”

@Quinn <3

Quinn

There was some kind of pleased dancing going on in the back of his head, enjoying the moments he shared here with Atreus. Quinn gave him a wicked grin in response to his words, his green eyes shining with a dazzling roguish light to them. He had expected laughter too but that could be later. Or not at all, depending. He had no idea about the capability of this new company and what their humour was.

Only one way to find out though.

He does laugh though, a little raucous in reply. “Hah, stiffs. I love it,” he grins, “I’ll just have to stick with my imagination then. But even then, I should be careful… don’t wanna give you an eyeful by accident,” he says with a grimace, but the expression is false and his eyes never changed. The grimacing mask slipped and his stupid grin returned.

The question he was asked was abrupt and short but none the less unwanted. Quinn didn’t know how to answer though, while at the same time knowing exactly what to say.

“Well I guess that depends on how pedantic you’d like it. I’m not from here. I’m from another world. But I came here, and I joined the Dusk Court. So, that’s about the sum of it,” he spills it out, though does not speak the names of other worlds. Not unless asked. No need to.

He had missed the clarion call of the messenger of the divine though, and so he looked back to the trees and wondered again what lay beyond. With his company in Atreus, as curious as he was, he looked back to him.

“It’s no worry. Maybe we’ll find out just by being here? I never saw anything like this where I came from,” he says as he wonders. Then again, where he had been conceived and born was very different to Novus.

He wondered if Atreus was from here.

Maybe a question for later.

@Atreus <33 hehe :D

Inactive Character

Ever so slowly, the corners of the devil’s lips turn up in a grin borne of amusement and he almost, almost chuckles in response. There were few so lucky to be granted such a genuine reaction from him, particularly those he had only just met. “I think it would be preferable for everyone involved that you not do that,” he warned, but there is no malice in Atreus’ words where there once had been. Perhaps later it would return, but for now, the man is merely curious to learn more of this fellow Terrastellan, no matter how new he may be.

”Hm,” came his simple, bland retort as he listened to Quinn speak of his former home. It didn’t show on the younger stallion’s face that he could see, but by his words alone Atreus made the assumption that the topic of such was one he wasn’t keen to speak of. And Atreus understood that far too well. ”I see.”

Opting to leave it at that, fiendish eyes flicker upward to look into the trees that currently surrounded Novus’ Regimes. Despite their numbers, the only voices he could hear were Quinn’s as well as his own. What was happening beyond the unnatural cage was left entirely up to the imagination at this point, but the poison master had an inkling that none of it could be good.

His eyes fall to Quinn once more. “Assuming our good Regime hasn’t been lost forever, I’m certain that should we hang about long enough, we’ll learn some understanding as to what’s happening.” Then, he quirks a brow and gestures to the immediate vicinity around them. “Would you care to keep me company until then?”

@Quinn I'm sorry you waited so long for this! <3

Quinn

Quinn caught Atreus’ lips turning upwards into that minor little smile, and it was all he needed. Quinn’s own grin was a bright (and definitely vile and over the top) marker to who he was, and though he had no idea of any other part of who his present company was, it was all he needed to feel completely at peace – the remaining feeling of being on edge was fleeting and gone before he knew it.

“That’s not as fun,” he said in a voice although he were pouting. “But then, I don’t fancy chasing anyone away either. Besides, there’ll be time enough for it later,” he says with a wink. Just to what ‘it’ he was alluding he didn’t have any idea, not even sure if he intended it to be dirty on the down low, but Quinn didn’t dwell. No point, he’d just hurt his brain if he thought about it too much.

After the moment of silence though, a serious note entered the air and it was to this that he inclined his head. “I suppose we’ll find out… and sure, I’ll keep you company as long as need be. Not that I really know where else to go … at least, not yet. What a time to arrive in a new world – just when the shit hits the fan,” he comments rather blithely, but he was looking with interest towards where the regimes were hidden away from them.

And no idea just what was going on.

@Atreus - and I'm so sorry this took so long back D: My art life ate everything else <3

Inactive Character

over the moaning bones
of those who quit and chose to remain

The mottled man agrees to keep him company while they wait, and Atreus smiles in response. His kind of company may not be what he preferred – somebody of high status and many secrets to keep – but it is company nonetheless, and perhaps if he’s lucky, something useful will come about before they finally part ways. That was the way it always went.

Somehow, Quinn manages to worm a chuckle out of the man’s throat with his following words and he closes his darkened eyes briefly in minor amusement. Oh, how he could relate.

“At least you won’t find yourself wallowing in boredom any time soon, hm?”

Together they stand, mostly in silence if Atreus were given his choice, biding their time as they look on and wait for the Regimes to reemerge, unknowing of the hell that was about to break out across the entirety of Novus’ realm.

“Speaking.”
credits

@Quinn I'M BACK AND I'M SORRY