Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - kiss this thing goodbye

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline REDANDBLACK [PM] Posts: 302 — Threads: 37
Signos: 135
Inactive Character

ACTON,

I don’t know anything about this damn bird or whether it’s even smart enough to reach Delumine, but I figured it was worth a try.

First of all, a sincere fuck you for leaving me alone at the festival: as much as I hate to admit it, having your company is, sometimes, better than not. Performative goodness in front of other people is so exhausting, and it’s a relief that neither of us having anything left to prove to each other, at least in terms of monstrosity. (It also would have been nice not to pay for my own drinks.)

Secondly: I owe you an apology. Here it is, even though I know you won’t take it. I shouldn’t have said what I did. More to the point, you’re absolutely stupid for thinking I’d expect you to make me do anything, and even more stupid for thinking I wouldn’t kick your ass if you did. I’m sorry for letting you imagine anything otherwise. Not everything is about you, you know. I wanted to be angry, and you happened to be in the way.

You’re always in my way. Do you know that?

Seraphina promoted me - I’m Regent now. So watch the hell out, I guess. I’m sure you think I’m bringing this up just for a brag (you know me so well) but what I’m trying to say is that an eagle came yesterday, all gold-eyed magic, and told the regime we had to come to Veneror. Demanded it, really. We’re leaving right after I send this, and the point is, idiot, if you want, I’ll drop by and, I don’t know, explain, or you can come up to the Summit and harass me if I haven’t already been smited in punishment for the same big mouth I’m apologizing to you for now. (Smote?)

Gods, this made me nauseous. Looks like I’m allergic either to blue ink or to apologizing. Take your best guess.

Whenever you get this is when our whole mess splits in half, I guess, love or death, so pull hard and make a wish. I won’t ask what yours is if you don’t ask mine.

- Bexley

@acton <3