Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Emergence

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aelgrimm

The dawn broke in silence, yet the violence of color brought tears to the stallion’s eyes. 

It had been only a handful of hours since the gentle creature had stepped gingerly from the thinning cover of the Viride, and since then, he had taken in as much of his surroundings as he could with those colorless eyes. The world - this new world, this one that he had been sequestered away from for his entire life - was breathtaking. It was large and open and loud. Blaringly bright colors, cacophony of birdsong and animal calls, crashing of waters and streams, shushing of wind through grasses; it was almost too much. 

But could there be such a thing as too much beauty? Too much newness? 

Aelgrimm’s inquisitive nature told him such a think wasn’t possible, yet his overwhelmed senses cried the opposite. 

When he first stepped from the tree line, it had been late night pressed alongside early day - the small time where the world is shrouded in a peaceful, depthless silence. The moon had been a sliver of itself, a Cheshire grin dangling from a rope of stars. He had been humbled and awed by the vastness of the sky, by the shimmering, frigid pinpricks glistening from within the void. He had learned that the earth was a ball and that their sky was more of less a dome - yet he had always imagined that the shape would be clear. Never in Aelgrimm’s existence had he thought there could be something so colossal that he couldn’t see the end of it. 

So he had gazed at that endless ocean of darkness until it began to lighten, shade by shade. He watched the obsidian turn to slate, then to lavender, then to eggshell blue. At last, the golden disk of the sun burst over the horizon and washed the world in bright, saturated shades of life. The sky was a cluster of hues, each clamoring for dominance of the heavens. They reflected a myriad of glimmering slivers onto the earth around the Lorist’s hooves, courtesy of his golden crown catching and refracting the brilliant light. 

Indeed, the world he had crept into was endless and loud. Yet, the male supposed he could learn to appreciate it, as long as he got to see the sunrise. 

@Pandora and everyone else~

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Napossumnec Videreum

<< my flame is rising higher >>

When I was a kid and life was cheap, saw my friends turn false makin' teenage leap. Them liars of life can't get me down when I'm the 2010 oracle all over town / no spitting here when rap was by the buck / speak the words straight or find a new kid to.....

O'er a rock her hooves graced, with the shale under hoof for if she werent to run, how else could she be? The airs had changed from what were damp and elusive, the kiss of the mist at dawn, something her damn might exhale in throaty form over her or twin. In  the change, this new breath of the world spoke of shadow and darkness, of places not seen by a solar eye in a time since the wood was a babe and attended by fern and bracken. Every stone clicked. Every twig snapped

Twere not the Vale no more, but when had she taken the glass road and the rainbow path to all balinor below? Surely no youngling step softly off the celestial path without the war to fault them. Surely. But was was this the scent betrayed, more than just the first exhales of a newness, but the touch of ash and smoke. Woodspoke. Warmth. Fire.  Fire! With a trembled down her slender legs, there was no greater har, in the world than fire. Especially to a naive and innocent. Especially to the one who walked plainly in dreams and not well in a real world. A dangerous terra in front.  Stumbling ahead, the mere filly snorted, nares parting to quiver at where the fire was, where the present harms might lie.

This. This was not home, not the vale or the kingdom or the land or the world. None of this felt the familiar ring of a rainbow kind, where father sun and mother sky tred in protection, where her brother battled for the sister that should have been dead at birth, the one that by all the rights of the world should well be trampled. But it was not so and so she was here. She was lost. Well lost and alone. With no family, no guide, no sense of where she was. And as always, no eyes.

"If thou please..." spoketh she, voice faltering in what might be a wood with no end,"Pray help! Help me, stranger! Curiosity yet terror bound her to the spot in the wood she could not know and would starve if not heeded and helped some. Just a fill in the forest. Just a child.

"List! Stranger still, help! I fear the fire consumeth me if not the wood around! Please, aid me!"

Got kicks for days when I'm down for two / bigger things than you can't come on through / don't judge the package if you don't like its bite / if you're picking on me you better put up a fight

<< I am the fire / I am burning brighter >>

@Aelgrimm @Eris