Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - we're a runaway circus (open)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I'm buzzed. Not shitfaced, just a little tipsy. Something to take the edge off. Lip drooping, eyes lidded. My mind goes in and out of focus as I try to keep my wandering thoughts straight. Of course they would rather not obey me. Drunken stupor... Damaris... the Regime GONE. Isorath, Reichenbach, Aislinn. Isorath I'd never been close to, but Reich and Aislinn.... my heart beats painfully in my chest, complaining at the anguish I've put it through. 'Why is everyone leaving me? Victorina and Weir.. now Reich and Aislinn. Is it me?'

Do I count for nothing? Damaris lays panting lightly over by a stone arch. I nod absentmindedly. 'I would be nowhere without you.' Though the thoughts are all mangled, we both know how sincere I am. Damaris has long become my glue to keep all my marbles in the right bag. Though she has a point, I feel through our bond her sympathy... not just sympathy, but empathy. She's also been attached to the friends and family we've had.

"You know I was more or less convinced to step down from being the Warden." I voice my thoughts out loud, and now it is Damaris's turn to nod. "But now... it's like I'm the only one left." That wasn't true and we both knew it. There were the Champions that remained: Seree, Healing; Lyra, Community; Araxes, Wisdom. But for better or worse I'd never really socialized with any of them except Araxes. 'That was a long time ago, too.'

New management would have to come in. Maybe they'll keep us around, maybe they'll give us the boot. Certainly I hope to work things out better than with the last group. A grimace crosses my face. I wish I could have parted with all of them on better terms, but fate simply a different outcome in mind. I sigh and lean up against the opposite wall of the arch Damaris has claimed. "What a mess."

Tag: @Seree @Lyra @Araxes if you wanna drop in and comment on the state of NC :P but all are welcome!
Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Played by Offline Odeen [PM] Posts: 175 — Threads: 29
Signos: 1,315
Night Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  18 [Year 492 Winter]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 38 — Exp: 59  |    Active Magic: Spell Warding  |    Bonded: Ruth (Tarrasque)

The opening of the gates and the call of the gods had certainly not gone far in aiding mother Caligo in calling her chickens home. Life had returned to the streets of Night Court in a trickle rather than a flood - but it was returning, and in the absence of anything else that alone was worth celebrating.

Enough time had passed that Raymond was growing familiar with the shape and flavor of Denocte. Faces that had grown bolder in the absence of dragon shadows were becoming recognizable, even friendly. But of those he saw daily, none but the spotted mare Araxes had claimed having any hand in the kingdom's governance under the old regime.

Had the court splintered so completely, then?

The smell of drink - a vice that rarely interested Raymond personally, and only insofar as it could be turned into social capital - wafted toward the red stallion across the open air. He glanced toward the source, a stout, russet fellow, with feigned indifference as he aired his grievances tipsily to the court. He managed to suspend judgment of the stranger's character, but only just.

What a mess, the stallion who had named himself Warden concluded, and sensing an opening Raymond shed the pretense of disinterest to approach him directly.

"Hey there, surely it's not all bad. I'm Raymond." No matter how he entered a conversation, he somehow always gave off the air of a bright and bombastic business tycoon. "Did I hear you say you were Warden?"

Raymond.
"he's an outlaw loose and runnin'," came the whisper from each lip
"and he's here to do some business with the big iron on his hip."

@Rostislav

aut viam inveniam aut faciam