Hello There, Guest! Register

Current
Beautifully drawn by Sid (Erasvita@DA)!
Current Novus date and time is
... currently in progress!

Year || 503
 Season || Fall
 Temp || 35℉ (℃) - 69℉ (℃)
 Weather || The iron grip of Summer has slowly faded into the gentler Fall embrace. The morning dew frosts over in the early morning hours and melts by the time the sun hits high in the sky. Many of the trees have traded their lush, vivid green for a more suitable array of red and orange hues. But don't blink, for Winter's cold embrace is fast upon Fall's heels.

Spotlight

Character of the Season
Theodosia

Member of the Season
Nestle

Thread of the Season
r.i.p. to my youth;

Pair of the Season
Atreus and Fiona

Quote of the Season
"Are there lines she's crossing? Should she toe them or touch them with a pole and stay away wholly? But to avoid such a storm he offers, such a taste of life; to withhold herself from the chance to taste starlight, to love satin and silk and swallow pomegranate seeds not yet offered... She should be stronger." — Moira in
Small as a wish in a well

see here for nominations

DISCORD

OOC - Fall Festival of Creativity
nestle — Moderator Signos: 275
▶ Played by nestle [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
▶ [Female [she/her/hers]] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 1 [Year 502 Summer] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:

Fall Festival of Creativity an OOC Event!

For the month of October I'll be hosting a spin off on the idea of 'Ink'tober. I love the idea of using prompts to inspire creativity and boost the imagination. Each day for the month of October I'll be releasing a new prompt. Prompts might be a word, a sentence or two, a poem, a song, quotes from books or lines from the posts of Novus (let me know if you want your posts used in the events, I wont use anything without permission!).

You do not need to have art skills to participate! Using the prompts you could write a poem, write a post, do traditional art, digital art, create a table, design a character, or write a short story. Anything creative counts and this should feel like fun! Pick and choose prompts and take more than a day to complete your submissions.

Best of all each submission will count as a raffle ticket! This event will end November 3rd so please get your submission in by then in order for them count. I will be drawing prizes that day!

For IC tables and IC posts I just ask that it's clear the post is using the prompt you're claiming as and feel free to submit what parts you used in this thread.

Post all your submissions below so we can all see how talented all of you are! I'll update regularly with what raffle tickets everyone has earned. Prize donations will also count as an earned ticket! If you want to donate a prize please message @nestle or DM me on discord at nestle#5513

Daily Prompts !

Oct. 1st : A creature born from the place where the sky meets the sea
Oct. 2nd : What looks out at you from the darkness
Oct. 3rd : Joy
Oct. 4th : “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” ― Albert Camus
Oct. 5th : "Are we lovers or are we lions?"
Oct. 6th : Feathers
Oct. 7th : Haunted 
Oct. 8th : Dreaming
Oct. 9th : “Every man is a divinity in disguise, a god playing the fool.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Oct. 10th : Masquerade
Oct. 11th : Death
Oct. 12th : "I have looked for your face in the patterns of the ice. In the dark, I have pored over the loss of you like pale gold.” ― Catherynne M. Valente, Deathless
Oct. 13th : Reincarnation
Oct. 14th : “I have stitched life into me like a rare organ” ― Sylvia Plath
Oct. 15th : Belief
Oct. 16th : Mutation
Oct. 17th : Growth
Oct. 18th : Reflection
Oct. 19th : “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” ― John Muir
Oct. 20th : “Set wide the window. Let me drink the day.” ― Edith Wharton
Oct. 21st : Seasons
Oct. 22nd : Lies
Oct. 23rd : Madness

Prize List !

* A inspirational coffee mug, new from amazon from @nestle
* A character headshot from @griffin
* Fullbody character doodle from @sid
* A bust drawing from @aimless
* One fullbody pixel from @aimless

Raffle Tickets!

Griffin : 1, 5, 6,7, 8, 9, 10
Sid: 2,
Aimless: 3, 4,
Rae: 11, 12

Winners!!

* A inspirational coffee mug, new from amazon(x2) from @nestle Winner: @griffin & @Rae
* A character headshot from @griffin Winner: @sid
* Fullbody character doodle from @sid Winner: @griffin
* A bust drawing from @aimless Winner: @griffin
* One fullbody pixel from @aimless Winner: @griffin

Congrats! Thank the two of you for participating and everyone for donating prizes! Please PM Everyone for prizes! <3

griffin — OOC Account Signos: 3,675
▶ Played by griffin [pm] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
▶ [Female [She/Her/Hers] ] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 2 [Year 501 Spring] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:
well, it's frankly horrifying to see this uploaded but...

my drawing prompt for today, 2. what looks at you from the darkness

nestle — Moderator Signos: 275
▶ Played by nestle [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
▶ [Female [she/her/hers]] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 1 [Year 502 Summer] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:
@griffin! I love it. I almost can't tell if the man sees the snake of if the snake might see the man as something in the dark.

▶ 8 hh Bonded:
and my image for Day 3: Joy (warning, large image I haven't resized)

https://orig00.deviantart.net/7a8c/f/201...cojy97.jpg

▶ 8 hh Bonded:
and for day 4:

https://www.deviantart.com/souff1e/art/I...1538930897

Rae — OOC Account Signos: 140
▶ Played by Rae [pm] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
▶ [Female] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 2 [Year 501 Summer] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:
@griffin, day 3 is not showing up for me, but I'd love to see it :) and I think I told you already but I love your day 4!

I'm working on a few of these as well! can't let griff get all the prizes >:)

▶ 8 hh Bonded:
Oh weird! It's not showing up for me either and looks like it's gone from my dA stash.

Here's a low-quality screenshot from my instagram instead xD

https://preview.ibb.co/n8Ke9U/Screen_Sho..._50_PM.png

▶ 8 hh Bonded:
So this one's super rough and needs a good deal of cleaning up before being inked or painted, but! my entry for Oct. 10, masquerade:

https://pre00.deviantart.net/f88f/th/pre...cpbvty.jpg

▶ 8 hh Bonded:
This post/thread was prompted by the prompt for Oct. 19th: http://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=2855&pid=14834#pid14834

Rae — OOC Account Signos: 140
▶ Played by Rae [pm] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
▶ [Female] Hth:Atk:Exp:
▶ 2 [Year 501 Summer] Active Magic:
▶ 8 hh Bonded:
I am a little sad that I didn't get to more of these :(

Day 1: A creature born from the place where the sky meets the sea
It feels weirdly personal sharing something handwritten... but I've spent the last 29 days telling myself I'll type this up and edit it and today I finally accepted that it's just not going to happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct. 8th: Dreaming
Just the first bit of my first post

Oct. 15th : Belief
I never much believed in spirits before, never much believed in anything, and most of the time I still don't... but if I did I might wager my soul was born in the desert. I couldn't really explain why, but I guess that's what believing's for. If I had to choose the moment that changed it all, it'd be that first morning, when I woke before the sun was high enough to burn the dew away. The earth was damp and pleased with itself in a well-fed-cat sort of way. I know that don't make sense but anyway- It took just one whiff of wet creosote and sage and I was homesick for a place I've never lived. It was a sad, absolute sense of homesickness, like home was a place I could never go back to. I breathed in again, deeply, and felt my heart shift to make room for the scent of something I had lost and then found again.